Chapter 40: smexy dinner times

AN: here we go again, my lovelies.

Thorin POV:

Bilbo opened the door for me. I have never seen such beauty before in my entire life. The Arkenstone is a fantastic second place tho, but it can't compare. My love has never been much stronger for this wonderful creature.

"Good evening, ma ghivashel."

Bilbo smiled at me with a universe of stars in his eyes.

"Good evening, my heart"

I didn't even know it was possible for me to fall in love even more, but I did.

"So, you fucked my brother, huh?"

Straight to the point, as always Thorin, great job.

Bilbo turned red and looked away.

"Well, it was the other way around actually, but I can't deny that that happened, although it was a long time ago. Didn't know it was him though. Couldn't say it'd change a thing, but who knows."

I raised my eyebrow and tilted my head.

"Why should it?"

He looked startled, and looked away.

"Because I may or may not have a blooming affair with his brother, you dimwit."

Now it was my turn to get startled.

"A blooming affair, you say?"

He smiled shyly at me, and gave me beautiful smile.

"Wouldn't you call it blooming, then?"

I looked into his eyes, and I could see every trace of emotion welling inside of them. I really had to choose my next words carefully, if I were to truly capture his heart.

"I would not, my darling. Because for a love as true as ours, one could only call it absolutely magnificent."

I have never, not once in my life seen a man so flustered. And I have seen many men, as a king. And he looked at me with the most adoration in his eyes I have ever seen.

I couldn't help but unconsciously lean forward.

"T-Thorin?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Please hurry up if you can, I have been waiting way too long for this to happen"

I chuckled and cupped his cheek in my right hand, and gently stroked his hair with the other.

"As the hobbit wished"

And a moment later, where we both dreamed of many times, I finally let my lips touch his.

And a moment later, everything fit perfectly together.

AN: apologies I died