valhalla

I'm going back to uploading twice a day for today and tmr and then I have an announcement to make but anyways.....

Inspo: dprandall21 and her book Hopeless go read it it's bound to do amazing things lmao

book series: magnus chase and the gods of asgard by rick riordan

*****

Adrian had no idea where the hell she was. She sat up, looking at her surroundings. Her hand grasped for the dagger she was sure she had a few moments ago. She remembered stabbing the zombie thing before seeing a spear point sticking out of her sternum. Maybe that's why she was here.

Her mom. Maybe her mom could explain this. Her mom promised to tell her why weird stuff happened. Why she wanted Adrian trained to use a dagger.

She frowned, feeling her chest. There weren't any cuts or bruises on her body. Where was she? She was still wearing the sweatshirt and jeans and Converse, all of it ridiculously clean. This was weird. She stood up. She was standing in a courtyard lined with golden-leafed trees in front of a town house, all eight stories disappearing in the Bostonian clouds. Wait. How did she know she was in Boston? She could've sworn she was in L.A.

A plaque near the door read: WELCOME TO THE GLOVE OF GLASIR. NO SOLICITING. NO LOITERING. HOTEL DELIVERIES: PLEASE USE THE NIFLHEIM ENTRANCE.

What the hell?

A ginormous dude appeared in the suddenly open doors, wearing a doorman's uniform and a nametag that read: Hunding. "Checking in?"

"Into where?" Adrian asked.

"Hotel Valhalla, of course," Hunding replied. "You're dead, aren't you? Come in, I'll show you to registration."

*****

After three hours with Hunding, Adrian's head spun. Hunding had given her her runestone key from the manager, Helgi, and proceeded to show her to her suite, which meant dozens of passageways to get from the lobby to the elevators. Which meant seeing dozens of different things for einherjar, or whatever Hunding said Adrian now was. He pressed floor number 19 out of the 540 elevator buttons.

"There are 540 floors?" Adrian asked apprehensively. "Are all of them as big as the first floor?"

Hunding snorted. "You only saw a little bit of the first floor. All of them are the same size, more or less. It really depends on what you're asking. The size...it's hard to explain, because Valhalla has entrances to all nine worlds."

"All nine what now?" Adrian asked. Hunding didn't reply, just headed into another bout of confusing passageways. They headed down a corridor with only three doors, all spaced fifty feet apart.

The first read, DANIEL SEAVEY. Behind that door came loud pop music.

The second read, EMMETT CARSWELL. Behind that door, silence.

The third read, ADRIAN STAR.

"Well, go ahead," Hunding said, motioning to the key in her hand.