Chapter 5: Non-Stop

Izuku never heard from Nagisa and Henri again after graduation.

It wasn't even their own doing, anyway.

He knew their parents were controlling their lives. They were lucky enough to have him hang out with them to their homes from time to time as it is.

But...

"My dad's enrolling me to a boarding school in Germany", Henri stated solemnly as he fingered a lock of his hair. "He said I have no right to protest about that."

Tomura accidentally desintegrated the cup he was holding. "What?"

"I'm leaving for the flight tomorrow", Henri continued. "And I'll be staying there for the duration of middle school."

Tears prickle Izuku's eyes. "Wha--"

"I'm also heading to another city to study for middle school", Nagisa sighed and plopped on the counter wearily. "Kunugigaoka Junior High is a prep school, so I won't be seeing you guys in a while. Give or take 3 years, too."

Izuku sobbed. The two whipped their heads to the greenette and freaked.

The trio shared a hug as Tomura and Kurogiri watched.

"But I thought we'll enroll for UA together..."

"We'll totally enroll there, nothing's going to change that!"

"It'll just be 3 years. We'll be right back."

"Promise?"

"Yep!"

"When we meet again, let's also tell stories of our time there. No secrets, okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

Tomura frowned. "So, you're going to just leave me behind?"

The trio flopped on him before he could throw a temper tantrum. "Of course not, Tomu-nii! We'll totally hunt you down once we get back!"

"Good to know", Tomura grinned and hugged back.

😗

It's currently the last year of Middle School, almost 3 years after his best friends left. Izuku wondered how they were currently faring in their own schools.

Better than me, I hope.

"It's the last year of middle school, so you have to start thinking about your futures", the teacher walked in, holding a bunch of sheets. The teacher grinned. "I'm supposed to be passing out these sheets for you to evaluate but..."

He threw them in the air. "I assume you all just want to be heroes!"

The whole class whooped in joy as they showed off their quirks. Izuku directed his hearing quirk to Katsuki for any impending threats.

"Yes, yes, I know your quirks are amazing", the teacher yawned and waved them all off. "But remember that quirk usage still isn't allowed in public!"

Katsuki slammed his hands on his desk, smirking cockily. "Teach! Don't lump me in with these extras!"

Oh boy.

"What the hell, Bakugou!?"

"Yeah! Just because you have a better quirk than us, doesn't mean you could act like you're on top of the world!"

"Shut up!", Katsuki snapped at his classmates. "I aced the mock test, so that means I'm the only one suitable for UA here!"

Izuku sighed wearily.