Chapter 91: Easier

It felt awkward.

Adette couldn't move out of sheer nervousness as Homura stared her down. You'd think that after all she'd been through and after all the time she had spent with this goddess, she'd be comfortable with her...

Well, technically, the blonde normally would be too at home with Homura, going so far as to exchange banter with her while the rest of the Holy Quintet watch in entertainment.

But this time, it's different. And it's got to do with a certain brunette with eyes as bright as Emeralds.

Mami came over, poured them tea, before sympathetically pat Adette on the head as Homura grabbed the tea and slowly took a sip, all the while never breaking eye-contact with the blonde.

The blonde gulped. Why do I feel like I'm a child who is about to be scolded and punished by a parent right now...?

Homura set the teacup down and smiled, black hair gracefully falling all over her shoulders. "So. You already know that I know about your...issue. Right?"

Trying to keep her dignity, Adette tried to appear calm while nodding and sipping her own tea. It tasted like lead, frankly speaking.

Of course, she knew Homura already knows, what with her Clara Dolls running around spying on her and her friends. Adette dimly wonders if the Clara Doll Love still follows her around, but not like it matters much.

"Still, I did not quite understand the whole thing", Homura tilted her head, keeping a stoic facade. "If you will, tell me the whole story."

Adette took a deep breath. This is it.

If she'll end up being murdered because of this...then maybe she could say that she had a life well lived.

Still...it remains to be seen what will happen with this Goddess of Desire in front of her.

"I was with Izuku, Nagisa, Ochako, Shouto and Bakugou at the living room in my house, trying to discuss strategy for Walpurgis Night", Adette started. "Then, Henri suddenly showed up and said he remembered everything. I wasn't really sure what he meant..."

Madoka rushed in with Sayaka and sat beside Homura, with Sayaka standing beside Mami who was standing not too far from where the teacher-student pair sat in their cafe. Looks like they became curious, too.

"Don't stop on our account", Madoka giggled, gesturing Adette to continue.

"And give us every single detail!", Sayaka grinned.

Great, more people to witness me being buried to my grave, the blonde thought bitterly.

Nevertheless, she took a deep breath and forced herself to continue. "Then, in case this was what I thought this was, I took him to my room for some privacy..."

"Ooh? Only the two of you in your room, eh?", Sayaka wiggled her eyebrows--

One of Homura's Clara Dolls suddenly dropped on the heroine from the sky. A pained shriek sounded.

Adette gulped again, wondering when her life became like this. "Well, here's how it went..."

~~~

Henri silently sat down on her bed after she prompted it. Adette sat down beside him.

They were silent for a while.

Then, the blonde decided to speak. "Um...Henri...what did you mean?"

The brunette took a deep breath. "Adette, I'm...I don't know what to say to you."