Chapter 32: |♤| Sis Puerum Magica!

●CHOSEN: LEAVE KYUUBEY AND FOLLOW NAGISA●

◇~~◇

ACT 2

Izuku bit his lip and turned to Nagisa's form in the distance. No, I shouldn't leave her. She might be in immediate danger!

He turned to Kyuubey and declared in a determined voice. "I'm sorry, but I have to go."

Wait--!, the creature tried to say but the greenette had already dashed off to the direction of the bluenette. Kyuubey sighed. You're making this very difficult, you know.

Then, they shrugged their shoulders. Oh, well.

They followed him.

😓

"Nagisa!", Izuku ran and practically pounced on the bluenette. Nagisa only gave a sluggish confused noise. Then, she murmured with half-lidded eyes blinking at him. "Oh...hey, Izuku..."

Another uncharacteristic thing for her to do. And since when did she start to call him Izuku again? She hadn't done that for 7 years!

Now, the greenette was very, very worried. He stood up straight, remained his hands on her shoulders and loomed over her worriedly. "W-where are you going?"

The bluenette owlishly blinked at him.

He blinked back, eyes unwavering but tearing up with concern.

She hummed and replied. "Somewhere better than here, I think. Much, much better, yes."

"...you're going to the bar, right?", Izuku guessed. There's no harm to being hopeful, right? "That place is better than here. Plus, everyone's probably waiting for us!"

"Oh, that can wait," Nagisa smiled gleefully.

Izuku pursed his lips and looked at the mark on her again. "Hey...though... a-a-about tha--"

The greenette was suddenly pushed away by Nagisa as he was about to point at the mark in her neck. She leaned a little to the side sleepily and perked up a bit as if she found something behind her friend.

"Nagisa...?", Izuku saw Nagisa wear a very excited expression.

"That's them, now we're complete! Come with me!", Nagisa grabbed Izuku's hand and started to run.

When Izuku turned his head to look behind him and strained his eyes to look further, he saw a zombie-like mob walking towards the two of them.

"I am so glad you are coming with me, Izuku!"

"N-Nagisa, this isn't--!"

A sharp tug silenced him and both of them were relatively walking in silence. Izuku was fumbling for his phone--

I wouldn't do that if I were you, Kyuubey suddenly appeared and perched on his shoulder. Izuku flinched and looked at the cat-like creature in shock. "K-Kyuubey?!"

You would get attacked if you call for help, Kyuubey licked their paws and told him as Izuku looked around cautiously. The zombie-like people are all around them now. They're acting like this for a reason, you know.

"F-for a reason...?", Izuku looked at Nagisa in shock. "But..."

When a witch targets people, a mark appears on their necks. This is called a Witch's Kiss, Kyuubey explained matter-of-factly. Using this, she lures unhappy people targeted to her lair.