Chapter 83: Motivation

There was the smell of roses and the sound of rushing water.

Mina opened her eyes and found herself sleeping with her arms tucked in her elbows in the table of a cafe. All around her, her friends were dozing off pleasantly as well.

Wait.

Cafe?

She bolted right up, consequently making her knees bump against the underside of the table.

That made everyone else jolt awake.

"Ah! Falling! We're falling!", Eijirou called out, only to discover where they are. "Oh wait."

Adette looked around, at a loss, before she looked down. Her mouth shifted into a tight line, discovering that she's now wearing an elegant turquoise knee-length dress with an Emerald pendant necklace on. "Oh."

Nagisa blinked owlishly, raising his hands up to his hair and finding out that his hair is now in a high ponytail while wearing a stylish leather jacket, with blue jeans and a Red v-neck shirt on. "Were we just...given a makeover?"

"I suppose so", Henri's eyebrows furrowed, conflicted. His hair was still short, but now he was wearing a waistcoat over a Sky Blue shirt and pure black pants. "But...why are we wearing this now...?"

They all wracked their minds about what happened.

"We went through the trials and succeeded in them...", Momo recalled, wearing a White and Red sundress, Pearly White heels, and hair tied up in a princess braid. "But I just can't remember what happened after that?"

It was obvious that there were a lot of things that happened, basing on the fact that they were now all in fashionable wear and that they're now in a cafe in the middle of a city.

"Did we meet other people there?", Tenya's eyebrows furrowed.

Izuku hummed, trying to recall, but all he came up with were static, like something was blocking him out and preventing him from accessing his own memory. "I'm...not sure...?"

Shouto sighed. "Well, can we at least know where we are?"

Adette turned behind her just in time to see Mami come out of a bakery a few blocks away. Mami's own bakery, perhaps.

She made eye-contact with the Magi. Mami let out a sharp gasp, before rushing over to them.

Just before she reached them, though, Adette turned back to her friends with an awkward smile. "I think we're home."

🤔

The gaps of memories in his head really disturbed Henri a lot.

He was used to not being able to forget anything, even if the experience was something that should be better unlearned.

Then again, something in him told him that...

That it wasn't the time yet for them to remember it. That they'd remember it eventually, but only when it's needed.

But when would these missing memories be needed?

That question was something he didn't have the answer to. Nor did anyone else.

Then again, there was something weird going on with the brunette, too.

For instance, after he had ki...kiss...kissed Adette (he still hasn't  gotten over that), he felt a burning sensation in his head all of a sudden, like something was pressing a molten iron in his brain for some reason.

Then, on the last trial before...before they were all let out of the Necromanteion, he knew something about the opponents even when he knew that he wasn't supposed to know anything about them.