Chapter 33: Signum Malum

"N-Nevara-san!", Izuku was full-on fanboy mode. "Can I have y-your autograph!?"

Homura glanced at him with a stoic expression. Behind her, the witch exploded and a high-pitch wail echoed throughout the labyrinth. "No."

"Aww...", he looked down, disappointed.

You could wish for it, Kyuubey suggested--

"Absolutely not!", Homura cut the creature off with a glare. She settled on the ground as the labyrinth faded from view and all that remained was a single Grief Seed. "I won't let it!"

Izuku blinked. Kyuubey blinked, too.

Why is she so insistent on me not making that wish?, the greenette wondered.

She gently set Izuku down and regarded him with cold eyes. "I will explain this to you later, but whatever you do or whatever might happen, do not become a Magical Boy."

"E-eh!?", Izuku was startled and flustered at the same time. "B-but..."

Homura narrowed her eyes, walked to the direction of the wall behind him and suddenly disappeared.

Izuku blinked again. Kyuubey licked their paws. Well, that was a bother.

The greenette took a deep breath and slowly walked to the door. The witch is gone. Which means that they're back to normal, right?

Izuku's hand grabbed the knob. I...I sure hope so...

He opened the door recklessly and was appalled to see people on their knees, holding their heads.

He tensed when these people looked at him, since they were the zombie-like people earlier. The ones who were affected by the Witch's Kiss.

But...

He felt someone jump on him and turned just in time for him to catch Nagisa mid-air. She playfully whined at him as she swatted him on his arms. "Izu! What just happened!? Why are we here? Where's my futon and bag!? AND WHERE IS HERE!?"

The greenette was extremely relieved that she was okay, and he pulled her into a hug. Nagisa was confused by the action. "Izu...?"

"I-I'm glad you're back to normal, Nagi", Izuku cried tears of joy as his grip on her tightened. The bluenette raised an eyebrow, shrugged and hugged back.

Kyuubey bounded into the room with him. Now, do you know where you should go now?

Izuku sighed. "Kyuubey, no, I'm not making any contract."

"Hey, another alien", Nagisa observed. "Are you Koro-sensei's relative somehow?"

They blinked at her.

I'm sorry, but I don't know who that person is, Kyuubey strolled towards them as the two of them pulled apart. However, are you interested in making a contract and be a Magical Girl? All you have to do is make a wish.

"It feels like making a deal with the devil, so, no", Nagisa stuck her tongue out. "Plus, Karma's gags are enough for me, thank you very much!"

Izuku sighed. Just--...what is happening right now?

Suddenly, his instincts negatively fired up so badly that it was almost too much to bear. He turned to the direction of the wall on the right with a frightened expression.

Nagisa noticed and asked with a concerned look. "Izu..?"

Kyuubey just stared at the two of them unnervingly.