Chapter 38: Witches and Hero Names

They all stood on a stone pathway, one that was ornate yet rested in ruin, with faded artwork painted the stone arches rising up from the bottom.

Planks of wood and bits of drywall floated through the inky void.

Most of the witch’s labyrinth had been doused in utter black, and the only thing that remained illuminated was the crumbling stone path that seemingly disappeared into the void.

Small light bulbs hunt above the bridge structure, flickering randomly.

"Witch labyrinths are creepy", Denki shivered. "I regret my choice of coming along."

"Come on, you wimp", Jirou grabbed him from the ear and dragged him into the void. Denki screeched in pain for a moment, before Homura instantly covered his mouth.

"The witch has already hatched from the grief seed here", she told them. "We must be careful."

They stared at her for a second, before nodding nervously.

They silently walked down the stone bridge out into the void. The pit below it was seemingly bottomless, and the dark fog cleared as he came upon a crossroads in the path.

They noticed Toxic Yellow hooded figures shuffling towards them. Nagisa squinted, but couldn't see past their yellow robes. He didn’t need to, anyway.

Katsuki released an explosion and rocketed towards the figures. Upon impact, they suddenly disappeared. "What the--"

They noticed the ominous chanting, that was only just background noise, growing louder. All of a sudden, a loud wail resonated throughout the cavern.

Mami's eyes widened. "She noticed us!"

The hooded figures reappeared as the path they were on illuminated with fiery flames. Beneath their robes, they shined, as if staring at the sun.

They screamed and ran further into the void as the flames threatened to burn them should they be any slower.

Kurogiri forced himself to open a portal further into the darkness and pulled all of them inside. Thankfully, when they stepped inside, the flames were gone. And instead of a crossroad of pathways like earlier, they all came upon an upwards stairwell instead.

Momo shivered and held onto Sayaka. "This is scary, and fascinating at the same time...!"

Sayaka gave her a lopsided smile.

"The witch has got to be at the end of the stairs", Madoka pointed upward while gripping her bow. Then, she turned to Ochako. "Have you figured out how to transform, now?"

Ochako nodded as she held her soul gem at arms length. "I think so!"

All of a sudden, she glowed Bright Pink, and they all had to look away.

When it died down, Madoka beamed. "Hey, we have the same fashion design!"

Ochako is now wearing a poofy pink and purple dress with ribbons arranged at the waist, and on her shoes. A single round-shaped Light Pink gem laid comfortably as a necklace in her chest.

The middle of her torso is Pale White with a Violet stripe and Pink buttons, while on the waist is a star-like pattern that is at a pink-white and purple-violet fade. On her skirt are inverted triangle folds adorned with space designs and each is bordered with a Pink border. With the edge of these are bubble-shape designs and another thin Purple border.

Under it is a white skirt accompanied by a petticoat of the same color. She also wears a pair of white fingerless gloves with pink trims, thin, Purple tights, and Dark Pink heels.