Chapter 67: Summer Camp

Training camp is upon them, and Izuku doesn't think he's ever been more uneasy.

He's honestly been looking forward to this day along with everyone else, but now that it's actually here...

"Izuku, you've been mumbling to yourself for quite some time now. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, no, nothing's wrong!", Izuku waved his hands back and forth frantically as he turned to face Tenya. "I-I'm just nervous, you know? I think we all are."

Tenya stared through him, before nodding and straightening his glasses. "Yes, well...the bus isn't here yet, so we have a bit more time to compose ourselves before the trip. Try not to stress yourself out too much, okay?"

"R-right, okay..."

Tenya smiled at him before walking away.

Izuku sighed, before turning to Charlotte sitting patiently at his side. "You're probably more ready for this than I am, aren't you?"

The little witch managed to come with Henri and Toothless via the brunette's travel bag, and Tenya tried to drive her off, but was proven futile when he got buried under a giant cake just a few minutes ago.

As a response to Izuku's question, Charlotte just blew a raspberry at him, which caused him to fondly roll his eyes.

He and his classmates are on the front lawn of U.A., waiting for the bus to arrive. The weeks leading up to this have been relaxing with prenty of preparation time for everyone, but now that the day is finally upon them, it's actually kind of nerve-wracking.

A summer training camp in a forest in the mountains. Should be fun.

Class 1-B arrived simultaneously with the buses. Monoma makes a couple snide comments that Kendo refutes with a karate-chop to the back of his neck, before dragging him off with an apology.

Class 1-A just stared blankly at the scene.

"That's something you don't see everyday", Eijirou blinked rapidly. Mina and Tooru nodded in agreement.

Ochako slipped her hand on Izuku's, to which the greenette accepted the gesture with a gentle squeeze.

Aizawa arrived a moment later, and the students stepped inside the buses; one for Class 1-A, and another for Class 1-B. They'll be taking a trail up the side of the mountain to their destination.

Izuku winds up sitting next to Tsuyu. Everyone else fought for what seat they want best while Tenya tries to maintain order, which looked a bit comical to anyone watching them.

Once everyone is seated, the driver takes off. Chaos within the class ensues, though.

Eijirou, Denki and Sero fought for control of the aux cord, while Jirou, Katsuki, Nagisa and a few others are listening to music.

Others are chatting and laughing, wondering what the summer camp will hold, just as Izuku pulled out his notebook and doodled absentmindedly while Ochako engaged small talk with with Henri and Tsuyu in the row of seats in front of them.

Aizawa just grumbled to himself as the driver chuckled.

It went like that for a certain amount of time, until Tsuyu turned to the greenette and asked. "What are you doing, ribbit?"

"Oh, just...doodling", Izuku smiled, erasing his sketches of Walpurgisnatcht before Tsuyu can look over his shoulder. "It's a nice pass-time when you don't have anything better to do."

Tsuyu nods, albeit distracted.

She turns away and looks down at her hands for a long moment as Izuku frowned. He didn't say anything, though.