Chapter 28: The Battle Tournaments (Part 3)

"Your hair's sweet", Charlotte commented as she nibbled on Tsuyu's hair. "Nom."

"Thank you, ribbit", Tsuyu replied as Henri carefully removed the small witch and gently held her like how he would hold Toothless.

The brunette leaned and tried to get a better look as Ochako and Katsuki entered the stage.

"Now, for the second rounds!", Midnight announced. "First up, we have our explosive hero; Bakugou Katsuki!"

Katsuki took a deep breath and watched Ochako intently.

"He will be fighting our weightless heroine; Ochako Uraraka!"

Ochako nervously shifted to battle position. Remember the plan you came up with, Ochako. You can do this!

"Just give up, Pink Cheeks", Katsuki sneered. "I'm not going to hold back!"

That just made her more determined to fight him. I'm going to win this. I'm going to make it into the finals!

"And the battle starts...now!"

Immediately, Ochako took a running start at the explosive teen. Caught off guard, he barely dodged her as she attempted to touch him and activate her quirk.

In the podiums, Mina nervously looked at Henri and wrung her hands together in contemplation.

The brunette was the second best strategist in the class, with Izuku and Momo taking the first and Ochako taking third, and she really did want to know how the Zero Gravity quirk user could defeat their local megalomaniac...

"Spicy Curry is really strong", Charlotte babbled. "It would be really hard for Pink Bubblegum to defeat him. I want cheese."

The brunette smiled and gently rubbed the witch's head comfortingly. "Right on, Bebe."

"But then", Eijirou perked up and asked the question Mina wanted to ask. "It's totally not impossible for her, right?"

Henri looked at him, gave a small smile and nodded. The redhead visibly relaxed.

"But...", the brunette's smile vanished. Eijirou tensed again, as did Mina.

Henri looked back at the audience podiums in a serious look as he continued to pet Bebe. "Bakugou is very strong, whether we like it or not. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the only strategy that would work was for Ochako to attack first and touch him to send him out of bounds. It's either that or she'll be the one blown away."

Mina gulped and began to pray for her friend to let her leave the fight in one piece.

"Then again", Henri let a smirk crawl it's way onto his face. "There's always more than one way to solve a problem."

Eijirou and Mina looked at him in confusion by his somewhat poetic remark. He didn't say any more.

Even if Ochaco knew that Katsuki always starts a fight with a right hook, but she still got hit with one of his explosions. She was blown back but thankfully remained mostly uninjured, and mentally cursed herself for being clumsy.

Throught the smoke, Katsuki called out. "Y'know, you should have backed out of the match! How about you back out now to save my time, eh?"

"Over my dead body", she muttered and started to take off her sports uniform jacket. With a hopeful wish, she sent her jacket through the dust.

Katsuki sensed movement behind him and immediately blasted the spot from behind. With a start, he realized that he'd just burned her jacket while his opponent was nowhere in sight.