Chapter 17: On My Own

Tomura felt like demons were staring him down.

He couldn't blame them, though. It was his own fault after all.

For not telling them sooner. For letting them find out this way.

But seriously.

Demons were staring down at him!

The other villains were standing back in fright, as did the other heroes-in-training. Aizawa was near the trio in case he tries something.

Which he doesn't need to. His little brothers are angry at him.

And they're actual demons when they're furious. He was at the end of that once.

He really doesn't want to repeat that experience...

"Explain yourself", Nagisa pressed, his hair all into multiple rearing snakes hissing at him. "Why are you here?"

"He's here because he wanted to kill All Might", Izuku interjected. "I heard the conversations around them."

"To think we all shared our secrets to him", Henri frowned as he crossed his arms. "And he lied to us in return."

The trio glared at him. Tomura could almost see the thick, black aura of menace around them.

He gulped. "Wait a minute, little bros. I still haven't got to one of the boss fights yet."

Nagisa pounded his fist to his palm as a means of intimidation as he moved forward. "Oh, you'll be having one right now--"

Izuku put a hand on the bluenette's shoulder. Henri did, too.

Izuku started. "It's not really--"

"--worth it, Nagisa", Henri finished. Nagisa's face softened and he turned away.

Tomura felt the vine go away from his torso, only to come back perched on his head like a threatening spear.

"You're not in the clear yet, though", Henri sadly smiled at him. "We need explanations."

Tomura sighed in relief as the vine went down and back to the ground. At least they're not angry anymore.

"Kurogiri-san!", Izuku waved at the swirling black fog. "Take Tomu-nii with you! We really don't want him to cause trouble!"

Or be imprisoned for that matter, he added in his mind.

A person seemingly made of black fog appeared before them. "...I tried to tell him. I really did."

"I know you did", Henri smiled. "But Tomu-nii is Tomu-nii, after all."

Tomura managed a smile, too.

"We'll stop by the bar later", Nagisa willed the snakes to go back to normal and waved his hand in dismissal. "You better tell us the whole story."

The man-child hesitantly nodded.

The other villains frowned. Kurogiri motioned them to go to the fog as he pulled Tomura with him.

The portal closed. They were finally gone just as fast as they appeared.

Silence reigned for a while.

Ochako was the first to get out of her shock and shook Izuku violently. "Deku, who were they!?"

At that moment, the rest of the class descended to them like wolves. The trio screamed as they were attacked by questions.

Aizawa raised an eyebrow as he stood a little ways beside them. "You three are associated with a villain group?"