Chapter 94: Undo

It became a massacre.

When Henri died, they lost the sole magic protecting all of them, and now everyone's being killed left and right by both Walpurgisnatcht and the mysterious beams.

Now, Magi are dying left and right, heroes are getting crushed by the debris caused by the witch alone, and Shouto found himself with his right arm blown off, rendering him useless for a bit.

Katsuki tossed a grief seed to purify his gem, before working up his magic to regrow his arm. The blonde couldn't help but hiss. "Why can't you be careful out there?"

The heterochromatic teen could only sigh. They were currently residing in a spacious building a distance away from the witch herself and hidden by any more mysterious beams.

It would have been great to have more people with them, but alas, the adults are working full time to ay least slow down Walpurgisnatcht from approaching UA, where almost all civilians happen to be staying.

Endeavor himself was the one who carried him off to this spot, so that's saying something about the situation. It's really getting desperate out there.

Shouto looked to the side, where Henri's body lay. He was back in regular clothes--simple white shirt and jeans--and if Shouto didn't witness his gem shattering, he could have been fooled to think the brunette was sleeping.

Ochako was beside Henri in the same state as him, now in a dirtied pink sundress.

To think that they were so close to defeating the witch, only to lose their lives in a flash...

At least Adette's still alive. They have no idea how long she'd last, though; her chest had a hole in it, and even after Katsuki healed her the best he could, her breathing was getting shallower by the second.

It's probably only a matter of time before her pulse stops, too.

But another thing...

"Hey", Shouto looked at Katsuki and earnestly said. "I'm...sorry about Nagisa."

Indeed, Nagisa also got hit by the beams later in the fight when he shielded Hawks and his boyfriend the best he could.

Multiple ones pierced his torso and legs first, before one finally scored a hit on his hourglass-shaped gem, destroying it completely.

Katsuki didn't even have the chance to grab him before the teen fell to the ground below, possibly being finished up by whoever's shooting these beams.

It was utterly merciless.

Out of their UA Magi crew, only Shouto and Katsuki were left. The heterochromatic teen wasn't liking the odds.

But he figured Katsuki's in a worse state than him. They really loved each other like they were each other's light in their lives.

Shouto felt numb, like he's underwater and just an observer through his own body rather than one of the actors.

It just doesn't seem real.

He figured the explosive blonde is feeling worse than that, so he offered his own version of comfort by patting him on the shoulder.

When he started to do that, Katsuki's tears started to fall. His lips quivered, eyebrows furrowing. "He said he won't disappear. H-he said..."

He took in a sharp breath, before pounding to the floor so hard, the whole unstable building shook. "DARN IT!"

Shouto closed his eyes and drew in a shuddering breath. "I know. I know."

By now, he could feel his right arm again. Katsuki must have finished healing him now.