Chapter 24: The Other Side

"Okay, so, like", Ochako groaned as she munched on a piece of mochi. "I'm glad that I get to fight in the Battle Tournaments, but I kinda feel angry and sad at the same time because there's a possibility that Bakugou'll fight me, you know?"

"Well, **** you, too", Katsuki grumbled as he wolfed down his curry.

Shouto has been quiet this whole time. Henri was getting concerned about his behavior and what he wanted to say later. In addition to that, he hasn't seen Cinnabar anywhere ever since the break started.

He really hoped he didn't drink the gasoline.

They were all seated at the canteen in a canteen table with the whole Dekusquad, Katsuki, Denki, Sero, Kaede and Shinsou as they all ate on some snacks Mina and Tooru snuck in as a means to simply relax. Nevertheless, the atmosphere around them was extremely tense.

Letting out a soft sigh, he quickly spread his comforting aura around the group, at least to calm everyone down.

He brightened up when they all started to relax and be more comfortable, even the heterochromatic teen. Izuku turned to the brunette and flashed him a smile.

He smiled back.

Nagisa reached out, grabbed a scone and divided it into three equal parts. Then, she shared the other two parts to Henri and Izuku as she bit down on hers. "Okay, so...is there even a word that's a mix between angry and sad?"

"Could be malcontented, disgruntled, miserable or desolated", Momo shrugged as she twirled a lock of her hair with her index finger shyly.

"Smad", Mina added.

A round of silence passed by.

Suddenly, Tsuyu spoke while shaking her head fondly. "There are two types of people, ribbit."

"Hey!"

They couldn't help but laugh at that. It was nice being like this from time to time, especially with everything that's going on with their lives right now.

Suddenly, Shouto stood up. With an unnerving stare, he told Izuku and Henri. "Please come with me, you two."

Both of the reffered people exchanged worried stares.

"Ooh", Kaede grinned in her place beside Momo and Nagisa. Shinsou, who was sitting beside Eijirou and Katsuki, raised an eyebrow at her. "He 'bout to confess his love to the two of them!"

Nagise elbowed her in the ribs, which caused her to laugh obnoxiously.

Izuku shook his head, smiling. "We'll be back later, everyone!"

"Okay, ribbit", Tsuyu replied. "Want us to save snacks for you?"

"That would be great", Henri nodded as he slipped a hand on both Izuku and Shouto's hands, and gripped them reassuringly. Both of them squeezed back. "Thanks, Tsu!"

Tsuyu nodded. "Welcome, ribbit."

With that, the three of them headed off to where Shouto was leading them, all the while trying not to let panic consume their hearts. It won't be that bad...

...right?

🤤

"Are you All Might's illegitimate child or something?"

"EH?!", Izuku's eyes bulged. "What makes you think that!?"

Henri sighed. Since when did Shouto become a conspiracy theorist?