Chapter 87: It's My Bad

This...this was not good.

Izuku could only gape at the scene when Adette brought Henri in the bar. She was extremely frantic about something, and it didn't take him long to see what it was she was panicking about.

For in the brunette's hand lies the ring that had gone missing a while ago; the ring made out of Black Swan Gold that the leader of that organization had tried to make him wear.

Now, he was actually wearing it.

"What happened?", naturally, Izuku's first reaction was to cry out.

Adette looked at the greenette; really looked at him. Izuku could see the tears starting to form in her eyes.

Then, she swiftly turned her gaze to Tooru and Mineta in the back couch, who cowered under her intense gaze.

Izuku couldn't blame them. She was literally radiating off murderous vibes the second she laid eyes on them.

He could tell that the second Henri would be taken away from her to get treated, she'd jump on them and chop their heads off.

It was that bad.

The invisible girl started to speak. "I, uh..."

The greenette placed a hand on her shoulder. "Adette..."

The blonde's face softened when she met his gaze, before promptly turning away. When Kurogiri entered the room, she immediately went to him and asked. "Is Cassie-san coming?"

"She's going as fast as she could", Kurogiri answered solemnly, softly caressing Henri's hair like he might disappear at any moment.

Izuku heard the door creak open behind him as he sighed. "Why is this happening...?"

A hand placed itself on his shoulder. The greenette turned to see Nagisa who did that.

"Well, we can't do anything about it", the bluenette gave him a sad smile. "But hey. At least there's one good thing about this."

"And...that is...?"

A forced smile. "At least Hiccup's back home with us."

😕

Cassie was anything but happy.

Well, that was obvious enough, seeing that their friend just got literally recruited by that stupid organization.

But overall, she was clearly both angry and sad. Was discontented the word? Or smad?

Ochako perked up when Cassie sighed again, before turning to face the teens. "I don't know how to fix this."

That made all activity stop. It was deadly quiet after that.

Cassie slumped on the chair nearby and covered her face between her palms. "He's wearing Black Swan Gold, and most likely, he's experiencing the first effects of this vile jewelry. Worse, it's a ring."

"And...", Nagisa was afraid to ask, but he really wanted to know. "What about the ring?"

Cassie turned to look at him--

"Rings are the strongest variety of the Black Swan Gold", they heard a familiar voice at the window nearby. "Just like the vows of a husband and wife, it bounds the wearer to the giver eternally, and even goes as far as brainwashing to control the wearer."

They all turned to see Paige perched on the tree, face stoic for once as her long colored hair fell all over her shoulders. "Knowing Henri-chan's abilities, I fear for all of you."