Chapter 22: Right Hand Man

The rest of the students began to come out through the tunnel one by one. Izuku saw Ochako run out and head towards him, panting a little.

"Deku, you were amazing! First place is amazing!", Ochako whined.

Izuku blushed. "I-it wasn't much! I just used Henri's strategy, that's all!"

Henri blinked and grinned at him. Toothless was already brought to Recovery Girl, so he was fine. "Yet you used it in a much more clever way."

"W-well..."

"You're a clever cat, Izuku", Shouto stated in indifference. "Just accept that."

"W-well...okay", the greenette sheepishly rubbed the back of his head and smiled. "I-if you guys say so..."

Out of the corner of Nagisa's eyes, she Momo come out of the tunnel. Turning at breakneck speed, she waved at her. "Hey, Momo!"

Izuku, Henri and Ochako turned, beamed simultaneously and they walked up to her.

"Hi, Momo!", Izuku greeted. "G-good to see that you're one of the first of the students to arrive here."

"Good job, Momo!", Ochako said.

"G-guys...help me...", Momo uttered out desperately.

"Eh?", Mina came out of the tunnel at that moment and went over to her. "What's wrong?"

Henri and Nagisa didn't say anything, though their faces were unreadable. Izuku wondered why that is.

He didn't have to wonder long when Momo turned around so that her back faced them. "Th-This..."

Mineta was stuck on her back with a disgusting look on his face.

"This is the sports festival, Mineta. Try to act like a decent human being for once", Henri scolded bluntly and immediately karate chopped the grapehead on the back of his head.

That resulted in knocking Mineta out and making him let go of the purple balls he was using to hold onto Momo. She visibly sighed in relief.

Shouto looked at his friend in shock. Henri blinked at him and gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry. I just don't like perverts."

Before he could ask him to elaborate on that, Midnight suddenly spoke. "The first game of the first year stage is finally over! Now, let's take a look at the results!"

A list of names appeared on a projected hologram.

Izuku saw that he was first on the list, Henri and Nagisa tied in second, Todoroki in third, and Bakugo in forth, and smiled as he slowly digested his achievement.

"The top forty-two made it through to the next round! It's unfortunate, but even if you didn't make it, don't worry! We've prepared other chances for you to shine!", Midnight continued with a grin. "Now, the real competition begins, so give it your all!"

Behind her, the lottery spinner popped up and spun again. "What could it be? What could it be?"

The spinner stopped.

Midnight looked absolutely delighted. "Ah, here it is! The next game is a Cavalry Battle!"

"A cavalry battle?!", Denki cried. "I'm bad at those!"

"Don't worry, Denki! I'm sure you'll do great!", Izuku tried to make him feel better.

"So, let me explain", the R-rated heroine went on. "The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish! It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is that it's based on the results of the last game, where each person has been assigned a point value!"