Chapter 47: Something Bad

"Excuse me!", Izuku opened the door and saw All Might in his true form, sitting on the couch with a serious expression.

"Young Midoriya", All Might smiled as he gestured to the seat in front of him. "Have a seat."

Izuku went and sat on the seat he gestured, then hesitantly smiled. "So, what did you want to talk to me about, All Might?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Well...I found out about Kyuubey's offer to you", All Might frowned. "And your supposedly inevitable fate if you accept it."

"Oh, uhh...yeah", Izuku looked down and shifted uncomfortably. "Me being the strongest Magical Boy, and the worst witch in history after that..."

A gentle breeze entered from an open window and blew their hair to the side.

The greenette bit his lip and met the Symbol of Peace's eyes. "W-what about it?"

All Might sighed. "Well, I think that is because you inherited my power."

"Huh?"

"Kyuubey said that the power of a Magi depends on the potential they have within them; the potential to change the world, right?"

Izuku thoughtfully nodded. "Yes. If I remember correctly, those who have great karmic potential can become Magical Boys and Girls."

"Right", All Might clamped his hands together and placed them on his lap. "But Midoriya, do you know what is your current number as a holder of One For All?"

"Number holder?", Izuku frowned.

"I am the 8th holder, while you are the 9th", All Might pointed out. "With mine and the other 7 holders' powers combined, I believe you could become a great symbol to the world; greater than me, even."

"Eh!? G-greater than you!?", Izuku gasped.

"Why yes, that is what I think", All Might smiled. "Otherwise, Kyuubey wouldn't have chased after you if that's not the case."

"N-No way..."

"W-we don't really know that for sure. I'm just saying that it is possible. Well, there's no point in thinking about it too much or it'll make your head hurt. Just relax, okay?"

Izuku bit his lip so hard that it started bleeding. That's...a really scary thought...

Suddenly, he remembered something. He hesitantly faced All Might with a wince. "I just remembered; I wanted to ask you something..."

The hero perked up curiously. "What is it, my boy?"

"W-well, I had this d-dream. And it scared me."

And he proceeded to tell him the dream that had been messing with his head for a while; including the part with the soul gem, and the huge eye peeking out from the newly formed witch.

He didn't share about the part with Ochako, though; he gets flustered everytime he remembers it.

"That is intriguing", All Might had a conflicting expression on his face. "You turn into a witch in that dream? And you actually felt the transformation?"

Izuku nodded.

"That is scary", the Symbol of Peace looked at his successor with a worried expression, then shifted into a reassuring smile. "But don't worry. That's not real."

"Oh, it's real, alright."

Both boys jumped at the sudden voice and sharply turned, where they saw Kyoko leaning on a wall near them. She was eating meatballs on a stick rather roughly.