The Black Card

Moon felt her head pound as though thousands of little men were hitting her brain. She was sitting in bed, having woken up five days after being made weak on purpose. She laid in the pillows, and pinched her nose. "My head hurts like hell, and now my brothers are being to over protective. And father wants me to go to a meeting for the kings and queens, as a witness." She grabbed a pillow and put it over her face. "This sucks." She sighed; throwing the pillow aside. "So, tired." One arm lay across the other side of the bed; fingers towards the ceiling, and the other across her stomach. Her eyes closing, as she went to sleep, and dreamed of something from the past.

  Her consciousness traveled to a place in time, that had been forgotten. A castle that stood on the border of the two countries. Moon opened her eyes to see a ruined castle; parts strewn across the grounds, and into part of the forest. Plants, and trees had grow around, and through the wreckage, as she made her way inside; what was probably the grand hallway. (Kind of like the castle above, but bigger, and with only a few buildings still standing. Suspiciously, the main bedroom is one of them.) She walked into a part that looked like a church was built inside. "I guess, I'll follow the rubble." She walked through courtyards, abandoned gardens, and broken fountains, with statues.

 Something was pulling her towards the half broken stairs, that lead up to one of the standing buildings. "You never follow a feeling, and end up in an abandoned place. That's just asking for trouble." She chastised herself; hopping from one stair to another. A wooden door, greeted her as she got to the last step. It was sturdy, and only a few pieces had broken off, but it could still keep the cold out. The pull was getting stronger, and something edged her to open the door. "Fine, just stop pulling. Great, I'm talking to a force." She took a deep breath, and let it out, as she pushed the door. She could see a nightstand, and a chair, but most of the room was black because of the dark curtain across the window.

 Moon walked inside, and towards the bed covered in black curtains. "It's weird that a fancy new bed, is here inside an old castle." Of course, she wasn't really here, so it was kind of not her business. She sighed, life was complicated. Moving to the side by the window, she moved the dark curtain, and let the light in, before doing the same with the bed. Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth. A man laid on the bed; his naked chest bared to the world, as the blanket was half covering his lower half. She turned away, after seeing he was actually naked beneath the covers. "Oh, boy." Moon turned her eyes towards the ceiling, before going to his face. "He's cute." His skin was a little pale, and his hair was long and ghostly white. She saw the tips of his fangs peek out from his lips. She looked around the room, and wondered. "I'm not really here, so." She knelt on the bed, and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

 She knelt over the man's head, and kissed his forehead. Her eyes opened to reveal him staring at her. Moon froze in shock; wondering if he could actually see her. She swallowed in fear; watching his arm reach up, and try to grab her head. Her eyes shot open, as the little girl, and her brothers arrived. "How are you feeling, Moon?" Alec felt her forehead. "Your cheeks are red. Are you okay?" She threw a pillow at him; and crashed back into the bed. "None, of you damn business." She put another pillow over her red face. Alex laughed at his brother. Another three days past, and it was time to go to the meeting. Moon felt like flying, as she flared out her black wings, and waited for the others to get into the three cars. The guilty council, was put inside a large truck, as they all headed off.

 Halfway through, Moon got tired, and sat on one of the car hoods, as they speed off. They stopped for drinks, and food along the way; mostly blood, since Moon was still healing. She sat crossed legged on one of the cars; a straw sticking out one of the cans, and sipping slowly. Alec wanted her inside the car with them, but she just ignored him, and sat on top. He gave a sigh, and muttered how stubborn she could be, before they moved forward. They finally arrived a few hours later, and drove towards one of the large meeting halls. Just as they parked, guards burst out of the building and surrounded the cars; guns pointed at Moon; who just sat there drinking her second can of blood. Her eyes looked down at the men; head tilting slightly.