The Three Blood Witches

Moon turned slowly; expecting a fight, but trying to keep calm......even if she had creature goo, all over her. "You are?" They all giggled.

  "Its surprising, no one knows us." One spoke.

   "We have been asleep, for awhile." Another reasoned.

   "I wonder, where we turned up?" The third, asked no one.

  Moon was confused.......curious, but confused. "I'm not trying to be rude, or anything; but.......can you give me back the baby, you have in your arms?" She approached slowly; not wanting to be threatening in anyway. "His mother is worried; because he was forcibly taken, and she was badly hurt." The woman in the middle, giggled. "He wasn't taken, silly.......he was given to us; as a sort of......present." Moon made sure, there was no build up of wax; wondering if she heard them properly. "Are you sure?" Wondering, if the letter Beth sent her was real. "Who gave him to you.....better yet.........where did the other two come from?"

  She couldnt imagine any mother; giving away there child, as a present to somebody else.........especially, if they keep the baby. "I smell a rat." She wrinkled her nose, with a frown; already feeling her head, start to hurt.

   "This is annoying." Just as she let out a sigh; a cry went through the cave, before two more, joined in. Nolan, and the other two babies, had woken up; their mothers, were not beside them.

  Nolan recognized Moon; reaching for her, as one of the sisters held him. She smiled at him. "I hope, you'll let him go.......his mother is worried." She had a feeling; they were buying their time. "That depends," The oldest witch wondered; Moon raised a brow. "What is it?" She walked towards her; Moon froze, thinking she wanted something from her, when she passed by, towards the back wall. One hand was all she needed to open the wall; revealing thousands of men and women, asleep inside glass cases lining the walls. "What?"

  They took each baby; Nolan still reaching for Moon, as they placed each child in front of an alter, in the middle of the cases. They turned to face Moon. "Will you save us?" She ha d no idea what they meant.......they were standing right in front of her. Soon they eyes began to bleed; making her think it was am illusion, until every body lining the walls, began to bleed. Each drop, started a chain reaction; going from one to the next, before it fell to the ground, and pooled around their feet.

  They bodies melded together; the blood covering them, and filling the room.......no body was spared. And Moon was so focused on Nolan; not caring when the blood covered her, before grabbing him, and flying towards the large hole. She fire faster and faster; almost crushing Nolan to her chest, to keep him in her grip. He slipped, just as she turned a corner; making her dive for him, just as they both fell in the wave of blood. Moon broke the surface; holding him close while the wave carried them. Nothing could block its path. Walls, the creatures.......even the bloody guardians the doctor created, we're torn apart. Moon tried to jump to a ledge; out clawed hand held her down.......enough to breath, in the wave, but not enough room to move.

  It was a maze down here; not the Minotaur and the Maze, in Ancient Greek......but something far darker. The wave smashed against an iron door; squishing Moon against the cold steel, in its determination to not be stopped. Thousands of bloody hands, pushed against the steel; digging their long, sharp nails into the steel and melting it away.

  The blood flowed through the cracks; finally making it give way and gush across the ground, in front of three thrones. She wiped the blood from her face; not really doing much good, and just putting more on. Nolan was asleep against her chest; having tired himself out from crying, during this ordeal.

  Her wings folded back into her body; her shoulders throbbing in pain, at the fall, as she shakily got to her feet. The space reminded her, of when she found her father and brother; inside the ice cave. The only difference.......was that these were the women she met, a few minutes ago. "Does everyone have an obsession with putting people in thrones when they sleep? At least........I think they're asleep." She touched a cheek; feeling the cold all the way through her bones, as the body had no pulse. The others had no pulse as well; making her wonder how long, they've been there. There was not that much around them; except for long glass orbs hanging from the ceiling, with nothing inside. The dark crust inside the orbs, could be blood........but she was not entirely sure. Moon went to reach for one of their hands; hoping to feel anything.........but something happened before she could. Their bodies started cracking; blowing into the darkness that surrounded them, leaving nothing but crystallized hearts, with black liquid inside. She actually didn't know what to do with them. Wondering if she should break them, drink them, or keep them........not really something to think about, when you're trying to get out of a cave; you can't even remember where the entrance was.