The Mind of a King

Alexander-

   He swirled the blood wine in his glass, as he sighed. It's now been almost a few weeks since Moon was down in the dungeon, and no one could get her out. He was glad he knew of this hideaway, or the escaped Bridget would of already cut off his head. He shivered. Bernard and his wife weren't talking either. He looked to the ceiling. "I've failed you in one thing, Frost." He poured more wine, and drank in one huge gulp.

 Moon-

  She came awake slowly, as the fog lifted from her brain. "Ow." She winced, as a light blinded her for a few minutes, until she could adjust. "What happened?" She couldn't see much in the dark room, but whatever she was leaning on, was very comfortable, and moving. She already had an idea what it was, but she wanted to have some fun. She poked a belly; hearing a puff of air, before more snoring. She let out the breath, she'd been holding. "Maybe I shouldn't, poke the beast." She tip toed over a few of them; almost falling to her face, and woken them up, had her wings not shot out, and made her hover. She breathed a sigh of relief floating slowly towards the door. She touched the ground softly; letting out a sigh of relief, when she continued to slowly walk towards the door.

 Moon slipped out from the hole, and was standing in the hall. "Moon?" She let out a yell; covering her mouth, before the werewolves heard her. Her eyes caught Storm's. "Seriously, don't scare me like that!" She glared at Storm. "Sorry, but, your finally awake." She looked relieved, and happy about that fact. "Did something happen?" She was still a little confused, since she didn't remember anything, after freeing those wolves in the cages. Storm let out a sigh, as she was happy about a few things. Moon wondered something. "By the way, what happened to those two men, and the children I saved?" Storm's face fell into a frown. "The men are fine; they haven't woken up, but they are fine. It's just...." She rubbed the back of her neck; letting out a sigh. "What's wrong?"

 Storm looked left and right, before pulling her through a different door. It was a very well furnished bedroom. Storm looked one last time, before closing the door. She locked it, and dragged Moon over to the bed. "Well, these men, like I said are fine, but.." She let Moon see for herself. "They are starting to freeze into ice blocks." She tapped her knuckles against one of their arms. Instead of tapping of flesh, it sounded like tapping on something hard. "Soon, their bodies will be so frozen, you can smash them with a hammer." (Hee, Emperor's New Groove pun.)

"That room, while it was keeping them trapped, it also kept their bodies and minds from freezing completely, but now, the ice can't be controlled, and is freezing them from the inside out." Her ears picked up a noise, as she headed towards the door. "Stay here, I'll be right back." She walked out of the door; something flying past her, before it closed. Moon looked at the men. She still had a familiar feeling from both of them, but couldn't figure out why. She let out a sigh. "I wonder how long you two were down there." She felt for a pulse. "Your hearts beating very slow."  Everything in her, screamed to save them. She sighed. "Why do I always have to save someone. Damn, stupid good nature." She wished she was an egocentric, crazy person; but her mother raised her so well.

 "Fine, but don't come crying to me, if your in pain." She clicked her tongue. "Don't blame me, if you wake up crabby, and disoriented." She tapped her chin. "How am I supposed to do this?" She looked to her hand. "Maybe....a transfusion?" She hummed. I remember getting transfusions when I was a child. It took hours, because my body was taking in the blood, faster than they could keep up. She sighed. This is going to hurt, I just know it. Looking around for something sharp; the only other thing she could think of, was her fingernail. Moon lengthened it; dragging across her palm, and then the other. Blood dripped on the bed, as she took each hand of the men, and did the same thing. "This, is going to feel very cold." She took a deep breath, and lined the cuts with each hand, before clasping them together. Her body shivered from the cold, as she felt their blood mix.