Luke BGM - Lie to Me

~A/N~ I forgot to say, I also got tickets to see 5sos on their UK Tour I'm so happy I might die!!!
Enjoy 'Lie to Me'!
Leila xx

Luke (21):
I saw you looking brand new overnight
I caught you looking too, but you didn't look twice
You look happy, oh,
You look happy, oh oh.

You caught his eye across the darkened studio. His face was filled with hurt and pain, he wanted to approach you but you blocked yourself off, allowing your newly dyed hair to flow across your path of vision and plastering on a fake smile.

It was difficult having to write with 5sos when what you had Luke had was turning sour; but the music industry didn't care about difficulty or personal struggles, and their management had insisted you collaborate with them for a track on their new record. Melancholy chords echoed through the room, bouncing off dark walls as you blatantly avoided looking at Luke again.

The memory of someone else's touch over you the previous night, the way you had kissed someone else's lips in a drunken haze and surrendered yourself to another man while Luke waited for you at home.

You were evil, you knew that, and after failing to scrub away the feeling of his touch on your skin that had only ever belonged to Luke you knew he knew too. When you finally climbed into bed next to him, you knew he could smell someone else's cologne on you and you knew he noticed the love bites on your neck that he hadn't given.

And you knew he blamed himself.

***
Flashing back to New York City
Changing flights so you stay with me
Remember thinking that I got this right

Where had he gone wrong? Luke wanted you, he still loved you with the same tenderness as always and he had to watch as you drifted away from him.

It was a shock when you strode into the studio that night with shimmering purple hair that was such a contrast to the soft, natural look he was used to. And maybe, if you'd been yourself, he would've loved it and called you beautiful; but the girl with poison in her eyes and fangs in her smile wasn't you.

Something had happened, and Luke couldn't help you if you wouldn't talk to him. Instead, you were talking to another man, talking without words, talking with passionate gestures and kisses that you didn't reciprocate when you were with Luke, and he knew you had outgrown him.

Could you not remember the old days, when you told Luke everything? When he looked after you and believed you would be together forever?

Did you not remember the way his eyes lit up when he told you he loved you, and how he insisted you changed flights on tour so you wouldn't be alone on the short journey to New York? Did you not remember the feeling of his skin on yours, and the heaven that flashed through your body one moonlit night when you first gave Luke all of you?

He remembered your love, and he remembered thinking it was forever. But it wasn't for you.

***
Now I wish we never met
'Cause you're too hard to forget
While I'm cleaning up your mess
I know he's taking off your dress
And I know that you don't, but if I ask you if you love me
I hope you lie, lie, lie, lie to me

But maybe, Luke thought, maybe the bad outweighed the good.

He remembered the way you kissed, he remembered making you laugh and he remembered every tiny detail about you, but that was the problem. Now the memories brought pain, and he couldn't get rid of them and he couldn't move on.

He had known, the previous night, that you had been with someone else. He had known as soon as he received the text, "going out with Y/BFF/N" that you would come back late (if at all) with the traces of another man over you.

He tried to write, but that just broke him further - you were a songwriter, the music reminded him too much of you, so he satisfied himself with tidying the house, folding your clothes tidily and scrubbing down the kitchen counters, allowing himself to wallow in the thought of a stranger ripping at your dress without the care Luke always made sure to take.

And when you finally returned and slid under the covers next to him, and he mumbled a sleepy, "I love you," he knew you lied to him in reply.

***
It's 3 AM and the moonlight's testing me (ah)
If I can make it 'til dawn, then it won't be hard to see
That I ain't happy, oh
I ain't too happy, oh

The faint studio light flickered as the night wore on and no song started to emerge. Calum sat in one corner, humming a bassline as he desperately scribbled on a sheet of paper, only to sigh and throw it away.

Michael knelt over a guitar, strumming to no avail, trying to conjure lyrics but his mouth was glued shut. Ashton hung over the piano, pressing random keys which didn't fit together into any melody.

You were hunched over your own piece of paper, tapping your foot and humming - anyone could have noticed you weren't focused, but Luke was so trapped in his own head that he only saw someone who no longer cared about him. This was going to be another all nighter, and Luke wasn't sure he could make it until dawn without some sort of breakdown, begging you to return to him because he was broken without you.

But you didn't care.

So Luke spilled his thoughts onto paper.

***
"And I know that you don't, but if I ask you if you love me
I hope you lie, lie, lie, lie, lie to me."

The boys all applauded gently as Luke finished singing, but you couldn't hold back the tears in your eyes. You knew, they all knew, but your boyfriend couldn't see how broken you really were.

So you didn't lie, because you couldn't love.

And instead of saying anything at all, you stood up and walked out of the studio.