Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Jasper asked the question that I was dreading the most.

"How did you become a vampire?"

It was a reasonable question as I had asked him the same thing. But I knew that our stories were completely different from one another. He was turned because he smelled delicious and she knew she could use him.

I was turned because my father didn't want his children to die.

He didn't want to lose us.

A sigh escaped me as I turned my head and looked out the window. I knew that the others in the room were listening more now then before. They of course wanted to know the answer but hadn't wanted to pressure me to get it.

"Then I'll start on the night that put it into action." I said, before beginning my story. "It was the night of the full moon and the werewolves in our town were suppose to have themselves chained and locked up before the sunset. Long, long before the sun set because the change could happen anytime but more commonly it was usually around twilight."

"Be safe." I mumbled, leaning back with a small smile. "Make sure everyone is locked together. I don't want anymore deaths in the village." I pleaded, my stomach twisting.

This was the life that I now had.

My father had found me a husband and married me off. Though he hadn't realized it until much later he had married me one of the werewolves that lived in the village. I don't know if my father ever regretted that decision or not.

A part of me hopped so.

I was the only one in my family to be married off. I knew why though and I also knew even if I wasn't there everyday that I still managed to royal piss my father off. Because I would show up at the random and step in between him and my older brother.

Joseph nodded, patting my head. "Don't fear, Love. Everyone will be chained before the change begins. I promise." I believed his words because he had never lied to me before.

"We'll be waiting." I said, watching as he turned and began heading in the direction that they locked themselves up at.

I knew something was going to happen that night.

Something bad was going to happen.

My gut told me so.

"So the chef and the others began the process. I remember having this sickening feeling that something wasn't right that night. Of course I didn't know at that time until the next morning that something terrible had happened."

As the night passed I heard the howls outside time and time again. Someone hadn't been locked up. One of them had been freed and most possibly killed someone.

The sun rose and I was out of the hut and running towards my family.

Finn! Klaus! Elijah!

I needed to know what they were okay.

Henrik! Kol!

I knew just how stupid my brothers could be.

Rebekah!

I knew that she was probably the only smart one who wouldn't go wondering out on a full moon. She wouldn't risk getting killed to do so.

As I was racing towards my family that I was concerned so much about I stumbled across my husband. He was soaked in blood, fresh blood that hadn't had time to completely dry.