Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I stared out the widow of the Cullen's house watching as Emmett showed off for Rosalie. He was still trying to get out of the dog house for agreeing to let me stay. It could be quiet funny at times.

I sighed.

"Remind me again why I have to go to a school full of humans, with vampires that have worse control then me." I said openly to the few people that were in their.

Edward chuckled from his spot on the couch. My eyes shot to him and Bella who appeared had fallen asleep at some point. Her head rested against his chest while his arms were wrapped around her body.

He started acting differently towards me every since I told the family -- though it was only aimed at Jasper at the time -- about how I had became a vampire. His mood attitude changed around me and his opinion of me seemed to improve as well.

If I didn't know any better I would think that someone had compuled him into behaving with me around. Which the only way that would've happen was if one of my brothers were in town. Something that wasn't likely to be true otherwise there would've no doubt been a population decrease in Forks.

Unless it was Elijah.

Elijah wasn't any where near as violent as Klaus and didn't go around killing people for pointless reasons. He acted in a better fashion then Klaus did. Plus he didn't go trying to stab people in the back.

Klaus just couldn't seem to help himself on the other hand. It was like a bloodily massacre happened wherever he went.

"Because you agreed to Carlisle terms." Edward explained, amused at the hesitant that I seemed to have. "Don't worry so much. Alice and I'll be there if you do decide to lose control."

I rolled my eyes as I got up from my spot and headed towards the door.

"You're forgetting, Eddie, that Alice doesn't have visions with me in them. I'm like a ghost that doesn't belong." I snapped, folding my arms as I listened for the car to come to a stop. "Besides, you can only hear the thoughts that I throw out there. Which means that I could've had one or two classrooms finished off before either you knew what happened."

Of course that was highly unlikely to happen. I just didn't like the thought of going to high-school once again. I didn't see a reason to faking my humanness.

It was Edwards turn to roll his eyes as he went back to watching the food channel.

"You know you won't ever be a great cook, right?" I said, knowing that he was only trying to learn how to cook because of the human. "Your sense of smell is to strong plus you don't get human food."

"I'm willing to try anyways." Edward answered in an uncaring tone. "I'll eventually get it."

I rolled my eyes even thought a small smile formed on my face. "Not if she doesn't tell you the truth. Bella seems to think everything you do is perfection." This caught his attention. "What? It's not like you can spend 24 hours with Bella and know what she's doing when your not around."

I chuckled, seeing the confused look.

"Besides, I fear Chef Swan enjoys my company. It thinks it's a good thing that Bella hangs around people besides you." I finished, my grin widening.

"I never see you there." He mumbled. "Charlie doesn't even think about you." His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You've been compuling them." He accused.

"I would never." I answered, sweetly. "Why, the thought never even crossed my mine. Oh, looks like my rides here. Better be going before Mark get's out of the car."

"You're still using Mikes blood!" I get the feeling that Edward didn't like that idea. "I thought Carlisle made it a rule that you had to leave town for it."

Edward differently didn't like the sound.

"Technically Mark and I won't be in town when it happens." I lied, not knowing a hundred percent where the human was taking me. "Who's Mike?"

He sent me an annoyed look.

"The least you could do is know his name." Edward snapped.

"I do. It's Mark Newton."

It was so easy to annoy him. Even fun at times.

"It's Mike Newton." Edward once more snapped, before looking towards Bella to make sure she didn't wake up. "Mike. The names not that hard."

"If I didn't know any better, Eddie, I'd say you had an issue with my name remembering ability." I teased, opening the door. "Tell Bella I'll see her at school tomorrow if she's gone by the time I get back. Would hate to miss the first day of school and all."

Closing the door I heard Edward mumbling something about unreasonable people. My eyes locked onto Mikes car with him still in it. Moving rather quickly I joined him in the car in a matter of seconds.

He jumped in surprised when the door shut behind me.

"Where did you come from?" He asked, looking between me and the house. "Wasn't you just on the pouch?" His eyebrows knotted in confusion.

"You probably saw Alice." I lied, grabbing the seat belt . "So where we going?"