Chapter 22

Isaac yawned. The clock read 3:16 am. He rolled over and tried to fall asleep. Nothing was working. Jordan has been snoring away for nearly an hour now.

Isaac was trying to copy his brother, but he just couldn't. "Unggg" he grabbed his pillow and covered his face.

"Why won't this stupid feeling of expecting something to happen go away!" he moaned softly.

Then something happened.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Jordan jerked awake. "Whatwazthat" he managed to mumble. "I don't know" Isaac kicked off his covers "We better go see what is wrong"

Jordan groaned and slid down the ladder. The 23 year old was never really good with really early mornings. Another scream pierced the air. "All right we're coming!" Jordan yelled back.

They shuffled down the hallway to the source of the loud noise. It was coming from Billy's room. Jordan slammed the door open.

"There better be a good reason for...." the rest of his rant caught in his throat.

There was redhead trying to break into Billy's closet where the screams were coming from. "Come on Billy! Sign my shirt!" she yelled.

"Nooo, Maddie-Friend go away!" came the usual reply. "But Billy I love you!" Isaac gave his brother a look "Should we?" Jordan sighed "All right. I'll take Maddie-Friend and you can help Billy hide"

Jordan grabbed Maddie-Friend's arm and pulled her away from the closet. She turned and blinked at him "Who are you?" she asked.

"Uh, I'm the crowbar and I Love Billy T-Shirts Salesman" Jordan deepened his voice.

Maddie-Friend jumped up and clapped her hands "Oo! Do you have shirts that say I Love Billy on them?"

"Yes we have I Love Billy shirts that come in all the colors and crowbars in all sizes" Jordan continued in his salesman voice.

"If you will just follow me into this windowless room with only one door and you can have multiple shirts for Billy to sign" Jordan shoved Maddie-Friend into an hallway closet. He locked it behind her.

"Hey! There are no I Love Billy shirts or crowbars in here! Only Papa Acachalla's favorite drink! You lied to me!" Maddie-Friend started to pound on the door.

"Great now she will never be quite" Jordan mumbled. "What is all the noise about Jordan?" Cierra asked.

Jordan motioned to the door "Maddie-Friend" "Oh" Cierra rubbed her eyes "Well, I'm going back to bed, night"

"Night" he said back. "Who is it this time?" Gertrude asked. She stood by the stairs in a green bathrobe with her ever present crowbar.

"Maddie-Friend broke in. Isaac is trying to convince Billy to hide somewhere else"

As Jordan said that, Isaac herded Billy out and into their room. "He is going in our room. Maddie-Friend won't find him in there" Isaac told them.

"Thank you" Billy whispered. Maddie-Friend stopped pounding on the door.
"Billy! Did I just hear your beautiful voice!"

"Oh no!" Billy paled and ran for their room. Isaac followed right behind him. "Billy! Don't run away! Come back Billy! I love you!" Maddie-Friend started to sob. Loudly.

"Ungggggg. Can't we just give her a picture of Billy or something" Jordan said irritably. Gertrude searched her pockets.

"Here's one" she handed it to Jordan, who slid it under the door. Immediately the crying stopped and was replaced by the sound kissing.

"You will always love me, will you Billy?" she cooed. Being a photo, it did not reply.

Jordan raised an eyebrow at Gertrude "Yuk and why do you have a picture of Billy in your bathrobe pockets?"

"Do you think this is the first time Maddie-Friend has done this, hon?" Gertrude questioned him.

"Good point" Jordan agreed, then asked "Where is Papa Acachalla?" Gertrude sighed and ran her hands through her frizzy red hair.

"You won't be seeing him at all today hon" she answered. "Why? Oh...today is Monday isn't it?" Jordan answered his own question.

Gertrude,who was too tired to care or wonder how this almost stranger knew the answer to that question, just nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'm going back to bed. Good Night, and don't let Freddie bite" Gertrude walked down the stairs.

Making sure the door was looked, Jordan twisted the handle. It refused to budge. He shuffled back to his and Isaac's room.

As expected, Isaac had taken the top bunk, with Billy inhabiting the lower. That left room on the floor for Jordan.
"You little troll" Jordan whispered at his sleeping little brother.

Starting to hit that I-Don't-Care-Anymore point, Jordan collapsed onto the ground and promptly fell asleep. The clock hit 3:30.

Soon the only sound you could hear was quite Mexican music, hairdryers blowing, and Maddie-Friend in the closet, kissing a Billy photo.

Hey guys, tell me what you think of this Maddie-Friend meeting and once again I apologize for the short chapter yesterday, it was busy.

And I also need your ideas. What you guys think an evil minion of the Book Club to look like. I don't have any ideas and it will be fun to see how many of you actually read the authors note.

I can tell if you do when you give an description of a evil minion that you think is perfect for the Book Club. Thanks for reading!