Chapter 27

Next morning was unnaturally quite. The Acachallas and Fryes could feel the difference. Nobody wanted to break it.

Papa Acachalla sat slumped in his seat, ignoring the waffle bits stuck in his beard. He was grumpy and trying to recover from yesterday. Billy and the Fryes just sat silently, poking at their food.

Even Sally was less loud. The waffle obsessed girl manager to quietly devoured her breakfast. Same speed, less noise. Gertrude just made waffles.

"Why is it so quite?" Isaac tried to break the ice. Cold silence was the answer. Papa Acachalla scraped the chair from the table "Imma gonna watch my TV"

His double barrel shot-gun, which he had lovingly named Anniebell, never left his grasp while he was eating and the during walk to the living room.

The TV switched on, and Papa flipped it to the sports channel. "Billy, don't touch my remote" he warned. He propped Anniebell against the couch.

"Nobody bother me unless the world is ending or they Oreos is having a sale" he added a glare to let the message sink in. Them he turned his unblinking stare back to the TV.

"Wow. Is he always like this on Tuesdays?" Isaac whispered to Billy. "Yep. Try not to talk to him. Papa is always really grumpy after Jose Jose Jose Jose comes out" Billy whispered back.

Jordan did a random face palm "Our iPods!" He scrambled out of his chair and up the stairs. Cierra, Bethany and Isaac followed him.

Papa Acachalla glared at them for making so much noise. But they ignored him. "I am such a moron. How could I forget about them" Jordan raved. He threw open his bedroom door.

He opened the bag and dug into the rice. Shaking out the lose grain, he gave it a quick look over. Seeing nothing wrong, he held down the power button.

The screen magically lit up and the turning on screen popped up. "Success!" Jordan typed in his password and checked for Internet connection.

"Weird. I have Internet, while Bethany had nothing" he commented. "Must be because we are in your computer, Jordan" Isaac said.

He sighed. "What's wrong?" Cierra asked.

"I only have enough power to send only one text message " Jordan broke the news.

"I vote that it is to Mom saying that we are safe. All those who agree raise their hand" Bethany stated.

Nobody dared to leave their arm down. Isaac had both of his arms in the air. "What should we send her?" Cierra voicing everyone's question.

"Safe and happy?" Isaac threw it out there. Cierra shook her head "How about safe and alive?"

"Why not just send alive?" Bethany shrugged. "That actually sounds good" Jordan agreed. Cierra nodded and Isaac gave a thumbs up.

Jordan typed in two words "We're" and "alive". The iPod gave everything it got to send that message. To prove it, couple of seconds after the ding, the device died.

"Now lets just hope Mom finds it" Isaac leaned back against the wall.

Pop

"Wha waz that!" Papa Acachalla yelled. Cierra rolled her eyes "Here we go again" The Fryes slowly walked downstairs and into the TV room.

Papa Acachalla had his gun aimed at the television. Gertrude was already there, giving Acachalla a warning "Don't you dare hon. I don't want to go get a new one"

Acachalla ignored her and steadied his gun. "Think about it this way sweetie. Shoot it, no TV for a month" Gertrude said.
Papa Acachalla paled "You wouldn't dare woman" he growled. "Yes I would hon"