Chapter 31

"What are we going to do now?" asked an aging man from the front. Mr. Borminerf had called a meeting, and everybody was sitting in rows.

"Now? Now we capture them. They have all seen two of their creations. They are filled with the good energy" Mr. Borminerf rubbed his hands.

"What about Tommy?" an old lady cried.

"From the result of faulty gear" Borminerf glared at the technicians "We were only able to hear part of the conversation. However, we do know that he cannot get involved"

"What about the thing he did to them?" another lady questioned.

"Unfortunately, we don't know what Tommy did to the Projects. It has caused a set back that we have fix. We are now fully prepared to send out the worms and capture the Projects"

"When?" came the simple question everyone wanted to know.

"Now" Mr. Borminerf grinned slyly.

Cierra struggled to stay awake. "Hey, sis, did you hear that?" Bethany whispered. "Hear what?" she mumbled. The noise faintly echoed again. "That" Bethany said simply.

"I hear it now" Cierra sat up "What is it?" "I don't know. It sounds like... hissing?" Bethany frowned. She swung her legs over the edge and hopped off the top bunk.

Her clothes, which had been pajamas in bed, shifted into the familiar skirt and sweater. Cierra jumped out of bed.

Jordan knocked on their door. "Do you guys hear that?" he asked. "Ya. How could we not?" Cierra said.
"It sounds like a creeper from Minecraft" Isaac commented.

"Guys! Look!" Bethany whisper-yelled from the window. Cierra joined her sister at the window "Wow" her jaw dropped.

The two boys shuffled inside. Jordan gave a brief laugh at his sister's face. Isaac and he (correct grammer, but it sounds horrible)gathered at the window. They all caught a glimpse of something big in the distance.

"What is that?" Isaac asked everyone's question. "I don't know, but we should probably wake up the Acachallas" Cierra walked to the door.

"I'll wake Sally, and take her to get Freddie" she called. "I got Billy and Sue" Isaac ran out the door. "I will take Gertrude and Papa Acachalla" Bethany said.

"That leaves me with Spencer. Leave the lights off!" Jordan headed downstairs. He caught a glimpse of Isaac shaking a sleeping form.

He felt his way along the wall until he reached Papa Acachalla's "secret" TV room. He slid open the door and made his way to the basement. By now the hissing could be heard very easily.

Not daring to go past the stares, Jordan looked around the room. Spencer was sprawled across the ground. He had been sitting, but had slid down as sleep took him.

His laptop was delicately balanced on his stomach. It was still on and was running World of Warcraft. Spencer's glasses were askew and his ginger hair ruffled.

"Spenc!" Jordan hissed quietly. The nerd did nothing. "Spenc!" Jordan hissed louder. No reaction. "Spencer!"

He jumped up. "How dare you! I am the Mighty Spenc! No one-"
"Shhhhh. We have weird things outside. Could be dangerous. Waking everybody up in case of an attack" Jordan interrupted.

Spencer glared at him before picking up his laptop from the ground. Jordan left him mumbling about "absolute nerds"

The hissing was continually getting louder. It was no longer a background noise. Before seeing how his siblings were doing, Jordan opened the back door.