Chapter no. 1 (Rewritten)

"yarr, is it dramatic to listen to Atif Aslam's sad songs on the night of Eid?"

"Over dramatic!" He responded.

"Ali, That's rude."

"Oh really? Didn't notice that."

"Now you're being over dramatic." I told.

"Sorry if I am not wrong. I didn't spend entire Ramadan staying up since Sehar to Fajar praying to God 'Ya Allah! Make me stop loving Hashir. Make me hate him'."

I sighed. He was right. I had spend my Ramadan crying over him and now I was doing the same on Eid.

"Ali."

"Already at your door with a jumbo pack of popcorns and Bottle of coca cola. I've also got a huge collection of movies."

After five minutes, I found him sitting in my room shuffling through movies to find one.

"By the way, Hareem. Where's everyone?"

"Out." He turned to look at me.

"What do you mean by out?"

I shifted, "Well...Mama and Fakhar are at Aunt's house. They're having some family gathering. Dad and Uncle are out of city as always. Mariah is having a sleepover at her friend's house. Aunty and Danial are also at their Grandparents house." I stopped.

He didn't ask further. He had figured that I left out one person. I didn't tell him where he was. I didn't wanna debate about him on Eid.

"Karachi se Lahore?" He asked.

"Ali... I've watched it like trillion times."

"Na maloom afrad?"

I huffed, "Fahad Mustafa is only famous because of jeeto Pakistan. Not because of the movies he does. P.S already watched it."

"Jawani phir nahi aani 2?"

"Nah. I'd rather watch Donkey king." Then he stopped asking.

"You've seen it many times too." He muttered.

I sat up straight, "Which one?"

"Teefa in trouble."

I almost jumped, "Of course."

"But you never liked Ali Zafar."

"I never hated him either. He's a good singer and actor. But he's nothing compared to Atif Aslam."

Aliyan chuckled.

"I knew you'd say that."

The movie was at its intermission when Ali fell asleep. I was feeling awfully thirsty. I looked for water around me. But Nada!

I went downstairs, thanking God that I wasn't watching some horror movie. Still, it didn't stop me from having horrible thoughts.

I switched ON the lights of kitchen. Opening the bottle and pouring water into glass, I was drinking water. I stopped right there at the moment as I heard someone stepping on Marble floor.

I turned around, literally wishing I hadn't done so.

His lights brown eyes stared my dark chocolate brown ones. They were reflecting no emotion.

He walked past me. Taking the bottle of water from the refrigerator, he was about to leave.

"You came home?" I face palmed myself for opening my stupid mouth.

"Yeah, you were alone at home." He didn't turn around.

"Ali's with me. I'm not alone. You can go back."