Chapter no. 31

I saw no one waiting for me, that was expected because I didn't inform anyone that I was returning, I told them I'd come after 2 months in December.

I told the taxi driver my address, and sat in.

I glanced around my surroundings as the paths beside me ran behind. I sighed heavily.

Five years.

How much I had missed my city, I still had memorized every single turn of my City.
After a few minutes, the taxi was pulled into familiar street. I hoped off.

I started walking, I fastened as I saw a figure standing at some distance.

I dropped my bags to my sides and hugged him tightly.

"What the—Hareem, is it you?" I sniffed his perfume, snuggling into his warm body further.

"How'd you know?" I asked, still hugging him.

"You're wear the watch I gifted you five years ago. And I can say you still use that old perfume of yours." I chuckled, knowing he was right.

He turned around, I glanced at him. He had those same black, shiny hairs that reached his long long eyelashes. He had beard and mustache, making him look more handsome.

When I was done staring him, I saw he was doing the  same.

"It's rude to stare at girl shamelessly. Where are your manners?" I teased him.

He squeezed my hand, smiled slightly and said.
"Well, if you see you bestie after five. You can't stop staring and when she has become more beautiful."
He winked.

"Ali!" I slapped him slightly.

"Go, pick up my bags from there." I said.

"What are they doing there?" He asked but I didn't answer him.

Instead I started walking to my home.

As I walked in, I was met by Ali Zafar's voice. I guess the marriage functions had started.

A few people looked at me awe, others just looked at me and smiled. Ali walked behind me with the bags in his hands.

"Go upstairs and set the bags outside the room, would you?" He nodded and went upstairs.

I saw Mariah dressed in a beautiful dress for her Mehndi function.

Next to her sat my best friend. Tania.

I walked up to them slowly, tear prickled up in my eyes.

"Marry, Tani." I whispered, their heads turned into me in a Swift motion.

Next thing I knew, I was pulled into a very tight bone crashing hug.

"G-guys, you ar-are K-kil-ling me." I coughed, their set me free and looked at me.

"You are back." Tania whispered, unsurely.

Then as her face brightened, she yelled.
"You are back! Oh my God!"
Then she hugged me again.

Then slapped me.
"What was that for!" I held onto my cheek that stung.

"For not coming here in these five years." Then she slapped again.

"Now, why did you slap me again!" I exclaimed.

"Because I just wanted to." She shrugged.

Making me chuckle, I hugged her.