Chapter no. 42

After giving him one last glance, I got out of the room. The entire family was impatiently waiting for me to come out. As I went out the approached me.

"Is he alright?"

"How's he?"

"How did the surgery go?"

"Would he make it?"

"I don't him to die." I looked at Fakhar. His eyes were red but still he was crying.

For him, Hashir was World.

"We are hoping he makes it. The surgery went well. We're waiting for him to wake up." With that I left.

I tried to act in the best professional attitude, I could.

As I escaped the block and went to my office to cry my heart out. There was already standing one person.

"I'm sorry, I left you." I said.

"Here, come." He opened his arms. I hugged him tightly and cried.

One of the best things about Arsal, he was always there to help me in my breakdowns.

He didn't say things like 'it's alright' or 'everything will be fine'. He was silent but his patting arm on my back told me that he was there for me.

"You want water?" I pulled away and nodded.

He filled the water in glass, whilst I stared him. I hadn't noticed how handsome he looked in Groom's suit. His white colored sherwani looked super good on him. His hairs were messed up, he looked exhausted.

"What are you staring at?" I took the glass from his hands and shook my head.

He was about to say something when Fakhar entered.

"Hareem."

"Yes, Fakhar. You need anything?"

He looked down at his lap for a moment, then looked up at me, "I need Hash. Hareem, I need Hash."

My lips quivered, a sob was ready to escape but I held it back.

I have to be strong. I'm a doctor, I have to be professional.

"He'll be fine, InSha Allah." I told him.

"Damn it Hareem!" He threw his hands up in air.

"Don't you dare hide it. We all knew that you're dying inside. Do you think we're blind? We had seen you looking at Hashir when you left. We just saw leaving your own wedding for Hashir's sake. We all know that you love him. We were waiting for you or Hashir to demand for you guys to get married. But when it didn't happen, we were worried that something must've had happened. Then Arsal came, and you agreed to marry him. We knew something had happened between you guys, but we didn't want to force you to tell us so we left it there."

Everything he said I didn't hear a bit, my mind was busy processing only one think.

I love him.

I love Hashir.

I love him.

"I don't love him." I looked away from him.

"Who are you trying to convince Hareem? Me or you! "

"I'm stating the Truth."

"Then why are you averting your eyes away from me?huh?"

I didn't say anything.

"Look into my eyes Hareem and say you don't love Him. Say you don't love Hashir."