Chapter 8

Chapter 8

       It took Malcolm and Davy two hours to set up the tents and honestly, it was the most amusing thing ever. I was even tempted to just sit at one of the picnic tables, eating popcorn as I watched then but unfortunately, we didn't have popcorn here.

       I was just glad Mr. McCabe and Mrs. Kinlaw had to inspect all of the tents because if they didn't, then Malcolm and Davy would have most likely try to set up my and Jules' tent poorly so it would collapse on us in the middle of the night.

       There wasn't much planned for the day since we did get here late in the afternoon, and the other teachers on the camping trip didn't arrive until it was close to dinner time. The headmasters didn't want to do anything until there were more teachers to keep an eye on us, so we were lucky we were allowed to explore the campgrounds while the two jerks had to set up everyone's tent.

       Before I knew it, it was already dark out so the bonfire had started for those who wanted to sit around it. Now that the sun had set, the only places we were allowed to go were our campsite and the washroom, though we had to notify a teacher if we were going and we had to go with someone.

       My friends and I were all sitting around the fire pit since we had nothing better to do. We were sitting on the logs highest off the ground since it had the biggest width of seating area. I was sitting in front of Jules, leaning into his chest with his arms wrapped around me.

       "Can we make a rule?" Maple said. "Put your hands up if you want Parry and Jules to stop being so cuddly and showing PDA when we all hang out together."

       I snorted a laugh when Maple was the only one to raise her hand. "Ha ha."

       "Come on, seriously, guys?" Maple said. "Am I the only one that finds it nauseating?"

       "Basically, yeah," Mateus said. "The rest of us don't care at all. You probably only care so much because nobody wants to see their sibling be all romantic with someone."

       "And because you're a bitter single," Everly said.

       Maple glared at Everly and slapped her arm. "Thanks for being so supportive."

       "I am being supportive," Everly said. "Of Parry and Jules. Seriously, you're the only one that cares if they're being all cute and stuff because, like Mateus said, you're Jules' sister."

       "Or she has a secret crush on Parry," Mack said.

       Jules immediately glared at his sister. "You better not, Maple," he said.

       "Ew, of course I don't," Maple said.

       "Ew?" Jules repeated. "What, so you think my boyfriend is too ugly for you to like?"

       "Okay, do you want me to find him attractive or not?" Maple asked. "I'm getting mixed messages here."

       "Just say she can, Jules," I said. "Because let's face it, who doesn't find me attractive?"

       "Anyone with eyes," Malcolm suddenly spoke up as his friends sat close by to us. I didn't get him at all. It was like he was asking to get annoyed. First he was sitting by us on the bus, then he was about to place his tent by my and Jules', and now they were sitting by us at the bonfire.

       At least it gave me the opportunity to annoy the hell out of him.

       "Well, Jules has eyes and I'm pretty sure he finds me attractive," I said. "Oh, speaking of, do you have ear plugs with you?"