Chapter 18

Chapter 18

       I had to admit, I was happy Parent Orientation Day came to an end. Even though my parents ultimately showed up just to prevent me from finding out who my grandfather was, it was sort of great to see them.

       Unfortunately, things were now quite hectic for me and I hate to admit it but I now understood why my parents tried their hardest to keep me out of the spotlight. I still didn't understand why I couldn't at least know about my grandfather but...

      I went out with my parents to a restaurant the night before Dad went back on tour and Mom went back on her excursion, and let's just say that a world famous scientist and her world famous rock star husband going out to dinner caught some eyes.

       Especially since they were with a never before seen teenager.

       It didn't take long for the press to figure out that I was their son.

       And apparently, the press were a bunch of stalkers because they somehow found out which school I went to. Now paparazzi were always outside of the school gates to try and get some pictures of me.

       I mean, I get why they would want to because I was an amazing person but couldn't they just leave me alone and let me live my life?

       I had to spend most of my time in my dorm room now.

       I didn't like it.

       "How did they get on the school grounds?" Jules asked while he was looking out the window.

       "Who?" I asked. "Malcolm and Davy? I wonder that too."

       "No, not them," Jules said. "Although, I do wonder how they got into the school. But right now, I'm talking about the paparazzi."

       I got off of my bed and walked over to the window, looking outside and sure enough, a bunch of paparazzi were gathered around. I was about to open the window to possibly throw something at them but Jules must have known what I was thinking because he rested his hand on top of mine to stop me. "Don't."

       "You don't even know what I was planning on doing," I said. 

       "Something you probably shouldn't do," Jules said. "Like yell at them or throw your supply of water balloons at them."

       "I was planning on throwing some crumpled up paper at them but the water balloons are a great idea," I said.

       I was about to walk towards my supply of water balloons but Jules stopped me by grabbing my hand. "Parry, seriously, you're only going to make things worse if you throw water balloons at them."

       "Okay, but that was you're idea," I said. "I just want them to go away. I was planning on going to the cafeteria to get some food but that involves passing by them and I would rather not get bombarded by pictures and questions."

       "Just tell Mr. McCabe that they're on campus and he'll handle it," Jules said.

       "How?" I asked. "His office is, again, the way the paparazzi are."

       Jules sighed. "His your grandfather, Parry. You have his cell number now."

       "Oh, right," I said.

       I grabbed my cell phone off of my nightstand and flopped down on my bed as I sent Mr. McCabe a text saying, Paparazzi are on the school grounds and I'm hungry. I don't want to pass by them to get something to eat.

       After sending the text, I placed my cell phone on my nightstand and sighed heavily. Jules walked over and laid down beside me. "How are you doing with all this fame?" he asked.