20. You're back!

"Welcome home, sweetie." Dad envelops me in a hug as soon as he sees me. I just landed in LA and my father is here to pick me up. "It's good to be back dad," I whisper in our hug. I pull away as I smile real wide at my father. 

"What did you tell mom before you left?" I ask him knowing that my mom likes to know where her family goes. "Apparently, I have a meeting with my management." Dad smiles as he gives me another hug. I chuckle as we pull away again. 

"Let's go home," dad tells me getting my luggage. 

"How come you went with one guitar and come back with two?" Dad jokes as he holds up one guitar case and I take another. "Your old one has great sound," I answer shrugging. Dad laughs as we walk back to the car. 

"Your brother has been talking about how you haven't answered any of his phone calls the past couple of days," dad tells me as he opens the backdoor and loads in my luggage.

I laugh at his words because I know it's true. Kevin gets really cranky when people don't answer his calls. I sit down in the passenger's seat while dad sits down behind the wheel. 

"I missed you," I say mindlessly staring out of the window. "We missed you too," dad replies with a big childish grin on his face. 

"I can't wait to see your mother's face when you walk through that door." Dad taps the wheel while he drives home. "Kevin is still at school though, but his face will be priceless too." 

As we joke on our way home, I start realizing how much I actually missed home. Of course, I missed home, but I hadn't realized how much I missed the little things. The little things like making fun of my brother with my father. 

Suddenly, a phone starts ringing. I turn my head towards dad and a childish grin spreads across his face. "I think that's your mom," he grins. "Keep quiet," he warns me.

"Hey beautiful," dad says as he answers the phone. "Don't 'hey beautiful' me." Mom's voice sounds from the other sound of the phone. 'What did you do now?' I mouth to him. 'I don't know'  he mouths back while he asks mom if she could answer my question. 

Although he didn't mention that I asked it. 

"So, I was happily eating salmon waffles with strawberry ice cream and imagine my surprise when your manager walked into our house to ask where you were," mom says in an annoyed voice while I cringe at her choice of food. 

Who eats salmon waffles? And mixes that with strawberry ice cream? 

Dad mutters a series of curse words under his breath. I slap my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud. 

"What was that?" Mom asks getting suspicious. "Oh, that? That was a guy sneezing next to me," dad lies terribly. I hold my head in my hands while I shake it. 

"Muffin, have I ever told you that you are a terrible liar?" Dad's cheeks light up as he scratches his neck. "Anyway, care to enlighten me where you are?" Mom asks in her protective voice. 

She likes to know where we are because this is a big city with a lot of traffic and she's scared something will happen to us. And if an accident happens she wants to be sure we're not in that area or something like that. 

"Well, I'm not really supposed to say anything, but I'm on my way home," dad tells my mom with a slight smile on his face. 

The cute intercourse between my parents still never gets old. The love between my parents still hasn't died down. I didn't know my parents when they first met, but I do know that my dad still has that look on his face when he sees, thinks or talks about my mom. It's really cute.