34. Happy Valentine's day!

"Happy Valentine's day baby," Jay tells me as he hands me a bouquet of red roses. He gives me a peck on the lips. "You're so cliche," I mutter but do take the flowers from him. 

I walk over to the kitchen where I hand my mom the bouquet. She raises her eyebrows with a big smile. I roll my eyes at her before I walk back to Jay. 

"What are we doing today?" I ask him wrapping my arms around his neck. "What do you want to do?" He responds wrapping his arms around my waist. "Lay in bed and watch movies," I tell him. Jay's eyebrows furrow together. "On Valentine's day?" 

I nod my head eagerly. Just laying in bed with Jay's arms wrapped around me would be enough for me. I don't need all that romance stuff. 

To be honest, I think Valentine's day is just some stupid reason for companies to earn more money. If I buy the same bouquet of roses I got from Jay tomorrow, I'll pay so much less. 

It's ridiculous really and it's not like I love Jay any different or any more, I don't need a special day to love him or anyone for that matter. 

"Whatever you want," he whispers grabbing my hand slurring me to my room. There the both of us plop down on the bed and start the TV. I snuggle into Jay's side resting my head on his chest. 

"What do you want to watch?" Immediately, after Jay's question, I take the remote control out of his hand and go to Netflix. I search up my favorite series I'm currently watching 

I hear Jay sigh and I can only imagine he's rolling his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me Jayden Dallas," I tell him. "You told me I got to do whatever I wanted to do." Jay sighs again before pressing a kiss on my temple.

"I'm in love with you," he tells me. "I'm in love with you," I whisper back. 

"How come you never add 'too' when you tell me you love me?" Jay asks me. I look up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Jay opens his mouth to answer me, but he gets interrupted by my door swinging open. "What do girls like on Valentine's day?" Kevin screams with wide eyes and shock written on his face. 

Jay and I share a look before we burst out into laughter. "I'm serious guys!" Kevin screams out. 

"Do I get her roses? Or chocolates? Or both?" He starts questioning. "Do I take her out to the beach? Or do I take her to a fancy restaurant? Or do I take her to see some special places? Please help me!" 

"This is about Jenny, isn't it?" I ask Jay. He answers with a nod. "Dammnit Kevin, just take the girl out," Jay yells at him. 

Kevin gives us a pained look while walking further into my room. "What if she doesn't want me to be her Valentine?" Kevin keeps on wondering. 

Jay sighs loudly before he unwraps himself from me. "Kevin, don't make the same stupid mistake I made," he tells his best friend. Kevin and I furrow our eyebrows together. 

"I almost lost the girl I love, because I was scared to tell her how I feel. I've seen Jenny Kev and she's a beautiful girl. You think you're the only guy who likes her? That's what I thought, you're wrong," Jay tells him tightening his grip on me. "Go get your girl, Kevin. Before it's too late."

Kevin opens his mouth to say something. "Go, Kevin! It doesn't matter what you do!" I yell at him. "Jay is right. You like her, there are other guys who like her, don't you think? Just do what you think she likes and she would be crazy not to give you a chance." I walk over to him push him out of the door. 

"He's so insecure," I say turning around. "It must run in the family," Jay jokes. I walk over to my boyfriend and slap him on the chest. 

"Now back to my question," Jay says wrapping his arms around me. He lowers his head so our lips almost touch. "You never say 'too' when you tell me you love me after I said it first." He explains. Our lips almost touch, but don't. I can feel his breath fanning my lips though.