9

"Iseu?"A little voice echoed through the hallway, his googly eyes searching for the young maid

"Iseu?"
A little voice echoed through the hallway, his googly eyes searching for the young maid.
He hopped down the stairs, one step after the other.

As the young boy reached the ground floor, he walked towards the kitchen, thinking he would fine her there.

"Iseu?"
He went about pushing every door, as though like he was playing hide and seek, all alone by himself

Then he suddenly heard a heavy thump against the wooden wall, coming from the guest room. Curious and scared, the young boy followed the noises.

As he slowly approached the door, he twist the door knob open and when he slidely pushed the door, his innocent eyes enlarged at the sight of something he never should have encountered with.

The young maid noticed the boy standing behind the door, witnessing everything that's happening. She trmebled and bit her lips in agony, feeling remorseful about the boy. She quickly shooked her hands, waving at him in a way warning him to leave before he could get in trouble.

Despite her efforts, the boy couldn't move, he stood frozen. Seeing her teary-eyes hurt him, he never saw this side of hers, because she never showed.

"Who's there!"
The maid ran towards the door before the man could. Just when she was about to close the door, she looked down at the boy, with loving eyes.

"Run away-!"
She begged softly begged him and the door slammed shut. Unbeknown to him, before he could leave, he stopped when he heard her cries.

The boy trembled at the sound of her screaming in pain and he began to tear up, he crouched down, with his hands covering both his ears.

"I-I-se-"

"ISEU!"
Jungkook's hand reached out from his sleep as his whole body reacted. He sat up on his bed, wiping his tears off as his breathe fastened.

"Why...does it have to be that..."
He murmured in pain, after having nightmares about the past.

He fell back to his bed, but he couldn't go back to sleep.

"Damn it!"
Jungkook grabbed onto his hair, feeling frustrated.

With a heavy heart and anxious mind, he got up from his bed and reached out for his camera, the only thing that kept him calm, at times like this.

Jungkook restlessly pressed on the next button of the camera, and while in the process of previewing the pictures, a picture caught his attention.

He clearly remembered that time when her concentration were instantly fixated on the camera, as he began taking her pictures. She brought out a different feeling, a unique aura. She captured his attention in a way no one has ever.

From the multiple encounterment they had with each other, he decided that he would have to apologise and have a proper conversation with her.
"This should be it..."
He thought, wondering if she would ever give him a chance to converse with her.

*****
Jee growled as she rolled herself with the bedsheets, trying to get out of bed. The doorbell which continuously kept ringing, annoyed the heck out of her. She hastily walked down the hall to open the door in annoyance.

And as she swinged the door open, she was ready to throw a fit at the person who disturbed her haven's sleep.

"Yes?"
But her face stiffened, as soon as she laid eyes on the person standing infront of the her. It was none other than Mrs. Kim, Namjoon's mother.

"Mrs. Kim, I'm sor-"

"I heard that my son brought in a girl home, but I didn't think it would be you"
She stared up and down at Jee, scanning every single thing about her.

"Would you like some coffee?"
Jee asked nervously, as Mrs. Kim made herself comfortable, seated on her favourite sofa.

"Don't even bother, my personal maid, knows what I like best. She'll prepare whatever necessary."

"O-okay"

"Myeong Jee. That's your name, correct?"
Mrs. Kim asked, strictness aligning in her tone.

"Yes-"

"I'll just get to the point. Namjoon's father and I have finally found the perfect partner for him and I want you to move out of this house soon. Namjoon has a soft corner for you, he only thinks of you. So this is the request I ask of you. Please stay away from my son."

Jee was shocked beyond compare, not because Namjoon's mother asked her to move out but Jee thought his mother didn't have any knowledge about her own son who already has a lover of his own.

"Mrs. Kim, I am Joon's best friend not his girlfriend. And I feel you'll need to have a proper conversation regarding his marriage-"

"I know my son better than anyone. I keep track of what he's been up to, I care for his safety and what's best for his life. And he's lying to you about seeing someone else, if you're referring to that. So, with that being said, I'm asking you to kindly leave this household. I'll give you three days, his fiance will be here soon. And if you're in need of money, I'll-"

"No."
Jee instantly replied.

"What did you say?"
Disbelieved by her response, Mrs. Kim frowned.

"I will pack up and leave like you want, but I don't want anything from you. Namjoon has treated me very fair, which is more than enough. Thank you for allowing me to stay here, even for a while"

"Well! Then, I guess I should get going. Thank you for listening."

As Jee watched Namjoon's mother leave, she went back to the room, realizing how carefree she has been for the past days.

Jee quickly got ready and sprinted out to find an apartment for herself.
"Here we go, again."
Trying to keep her emotions in check, she walked off in search for a place.

*****
"Are you even listening to me? Jungkook?"

"Huh? What? Sorry, I didn't get you"
Jungkook diverted his attention back to his sister.

"Is everything alright? You're spacing out a lot these days."
Sui asked, worried.

"I just blanked out for a moment."

"You always do..."

"Why are you always like this?"

"Why don't you ask yourself? Jungkook?"
Jungkook sighed, fate up with his sister's nagging. When he looked away, his eyes suddenly glued to a familiar figure getting out of the bus.

"STOP THE CAR!"

"What the heck-! Jungkook?! Where are you going!? Get back in the car!"
But Jungkook was already gone, past the border that separates the lane.

He ran after her, walking inside the same building that she entered and right there, he found her standing infront the receptionist counter.

Jungkook walked straight to her, pulling her away from the place.
"You again!"
Jee cried out.

"Follow me, please?"
Jungkook requested.

___________________________________