23

When Jungkook reached the police headquaters, he quickly rushed inside to look for his muse

"Myeong Jee!"
He was out of breathe, panting, as sweats accumulated to drip from his face.
When Jungkook took a turn around the hall, he was aghasted when he found a man sitting on the bench, badly injured and his face abruptly being swollen.

"What happened to him?"
Jungkook gasped, goosebumps overpowering his body.

"She happened."
One of the police officer pointed his finger towards the lockup cell, where Jee was confined inside.

"Care to tell me why the hell are you inside here?"
Jungkook approached the steel bars, looking down on Jee, surprised.

"No one believed me when I told them that he was trying to molest me"
Jee folded her arms, angered by the situation she was put into.

"That guy?"
Jungkook turned his head to look at the same guy, who he encountered a moment ago.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook?"
The chief-police called out to him.

"I'll be right back..."
Then he walked over to his desk, and began to clear out all the necessary requirements and settlements for bailing her out.

An hour later, after they walked out of the headquaters, Jungkook let out a tiring sigh, rubbing the back of his neck, mentally tired despite his fatigue.

Jee followed him behind, refuting and mumbling to herself. Jungkook then stopped at his track and turned around to look at her.

"What's wrong? I bailed you out and you're still being grumpy?"

"This is not fair! Why didn't I get my own right? That man tried to touch me! He should receive worst punishment!"

"Well you did your part well, you bashed him up, pretty bad, isn't that enough?"
Jungkook lightly chuckled at the mess she did to the man, feeling relieved over the fact that she was able to defend herself.

When these thoughts ran through his head, he felt weird.

Why am I relieved?

Damn it. I even wasted my time and money for this girl.

"You think I'm lying?"
Jee had a disappointing look on her face.

"When did I say that you were lying?"
Jungkook was aghasted by her words.

"Forget it! I don't even remember having a normal conversation with you."
Jee walked away, angrily swaying her hands around.

"Hey! Is that the way you appreciate others after they save your ass?"

"Well, I've never asked for your help anyway?"

"The matter's already being closed! Why do you have to make such a big deal out of it?"