48

"That night Hajoon left me to burn to death, all locked up in a place with no way out, but I survived it

"That night Hajoon left me to burn to death, all locked up in a place with no way out, but I survived it. The things he did to me, I still remember every single bits of his tortures. Hajoon is a psychotic man-"

"-if you survived and if Aina is your daughter then she-"

"-she is Hajoon's child, I fought to keep her, Aina  always blames herself for these things, but I love her as she is, and she struggles to keep up sometimes, only feeling guilty-"

"Why-why don't you want Jungkook to know-? Hajoon won't find out-"
Jee knitted her brows, eyeing at Iseu in confusion.

"Right now, what Jungkook really needs the most is for you to be by his side, he doesn't need me, not anymore, I'm just a ghost figure to him and I'd like to keep it that way-"

Walking down the pathways, with thoughts deeply hindering her mind, Jee felt anxious of herself. Iseu is actually alive and well, Jungkook doesn't know this and he suffers through his nightmares, if only she could tell him.

"Jee-!"
Aina called out from behind, running to her. When she reached her, Aina pulled her hand and handed her a pendant.

"My mother wanted you to have this, keep it with you and please, stay safe-"

Jee smiled at her while receiving the pendant.
"I will, thank you for saving my life, twice-"

Pulling her into a tight embrace, Jee caressed her head, comforting her.

"Aina, don't blame yourself, it isn't your fault-"

"I know-"

Upon reaching the mansion, the moment when she opened the door, she found Jungkook, all teary-eyed and in a mess.

"Jungkook-?"

Lifting his head up he saw Jee attending to his needs, he instantly got up from the couch and abruptly hugged her.

"Where were you-? You didn't even pick up my calls, I thought I lost you, I thought Hajoon had you-"

"Jungk-"

"Where were you!?"
Jungkook lashed out at her, unable to attain to his emotions.

He grabbed onto her hand, violently, making her winced in pain, unable to keep up with the pressure.

"Ju-Jungkook, my-my hand-"

Realising that he was unconsciously, yet physically hurting her. He released her hand, backing off, his breathe hitched up, his mind slowly drifting away from his plausible  state.

Jee noticed his trembling hands, then she quickly brought him down to sit on the couch, she had her hands on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.