36

Seona kept on calling Jungkook but there was no answer

Feeling frustrated, she called Taehyung instead.

"Hello?"

"Taehyung-ah, why isn't Jungkook picking up my call?"

"He's probably busy checking the guestlist with Hoseok, but how's Jimin doing?"

"Jimin's happy and doing fine-"
Seona chuckled at the thought of him, instantly getting flashbacks of his big smile he had this morning.

"Alright, that's great. We'll be there soon, alright?"

"Okay-"

Ending with the call, Seona walked back inside the room. As she closed the door behind her, she found Jimin seated on his bed, his gaze never leaving the screen of his cell, he had a dark expression plastered on his face.

Seona approached him, suddenly startling him.

"What's wrong with your face? What are you looking at?"

Seona tried to see what he was staring at, but he quickly shifted his cell away from her, shoving it inside his pocket.

"Jimin!?"
Seona whined, her attempt going in vain.

"It-It's nothing, really-"
Jimin had a nervous smile, trying to seem calm and unbothered. He brought her close to him, hugging her again. Caressing her back, his plump lips left a light peck on her neck.

"I know, you're planning something with the boys, but I want to spend my birthday with you alone. Can't we just do that?"
Jimin whispered close to her ear, his eyes closed as his head laid buried on her shoulder.

Seona looked at him, her lips pouting.

"No, you should spend your birthday with your friends too! They're working really hard for the surprise-oh!"
Seona clamped her mouth with her hands, realising that she was almost about to spill out everything to him.

"Haha, you're cute-"
His grip tightened around her waist, nudging his forehead against her, lightly playing with her face.

"Jungkook? Are you sure of it?"
Hoseok asked Jungkook, for the third confirmation.

Jungkook sighed, looking back at Jee, who was now, seated inside his car.

He knew that she encountered his brother, Hajoon. All his cruel intentions, she've experienced it, first-base. And one way or the other, Jungkook knew that his brother would be back to ruin his life by hurting people around him again.

"Look, Hoseok, he ruined Seona mentally. And now he's after Jee, I don't want it to happen to her too. I need to be there for her, she had nothing to do with Hajoon, but now she does, and it's all because of me-"