12

Whispers echoed in his head, Jungkook cannot make it out who was infront of him

Whispers echoed in his head, Jungkook cannot make it out who was infront of him. His visions blurred, he blinked continuously trying to get a clear view. He frowned when he found himself on the hospital bed again.

Jee quickly came to his need when she noticed Jungkook trying to sit up.

"You. What, what happened to me?"
Jungkook asked rubbing his temple, feeling all tried and exhausted.

"You lost your conscious and passed out in the open."

"Did you, perhaps, picked me?"

"If you're asking whether I carried you, till here. Then yes I did. And this ain't the first time. I don't even understand why I always end taking care of you."

They both sighed.

Jungkook laid back to bed while Jee went ahead to collect her bag, about to leave.
"Wait, you're leaving now?"

"Of course, why should I stay here? Ms. Sui is-"
Sui's sudden interruption cut her off, before she could run away.

"Seems like you have anemia, and you're not eating well at all, Jungkook."

"Save it, Sue"
Jungkook begged his sister, hoping she won't nag him in the hospital as well.
"I need to go fetch some paperwork for you, so Jee, will you please stay here with him?"

"Wait-what? Why are you asking me? Can't you ask someone else?"
Jee was disbelieved by Sue's sudden request.

"I'm okay with her." Jungkook quickly answered before retiring back to sleep.

"Hey, why are you-!"

"Jee, please." Sue looked at her while patting on her shoulder.

"Got any important work back home?"
Sui asked, trying to prevent Jee from leaving.

Unable to give a rational excuse, Jee gave up.
"No."

"Alright then, this won't take long. I promise. And Jjungkook make sure to finish up the porridge I've made for you!"

"Ms. Sue!"
Jee ran after her, feeling uncomfortable.
"Jee, after I come back, you can take your leave. But just this once, please do me this favour?"
Sue assured her before entering the lift.

"Alright"
Jee replied quietly, realizing that she has no other choice but to do what she was asked to.

Dragging herself back inside, she was seated on the chair beside Jungkook. There was an awkward silence between the two.

"So, um-"
As Jungkook was trying to start a conversation with her, her cellphone began to vibrate, breaking the silence and the interaction that was supposed to take place. When she looked over, she ignored it realizing who it was, but the vibration didn't stop.
Irritated and annoyed by it, Jungkook picked up the call for her, Jee jolted from her seat, trying to retreive it back.