Chapter 21

Colby's POV

About a week later I could tell something was off. Sam seemed really nervous and jumpy recently and I didn't know why. He kept glancing over his shoulder or out of windows or checked his phone, but he wouldn't talk to me about it.

"Sam seriously, you're worrying me. What the hell is going on?" He started playing with the ring on his hand as he continued to bite his lip nervously, before he handed me his phone opened to a text message conversation. It was from an unknown number.

'You better watch your back baby daddy. Otherwise you won't get to see either of your precious twins.'

'Who the hell are you?!'

'You fiancé knows who I am, and it's his fault that you and your babies are in danger.' I froze when I read the texts. Shea was still threatening him? She couldn't even get to him if she tried considering how many people were in this house. Then another one just came through.

'Honey I don't know how you did it but the fact that you pretended to be in Kansas when your still at home in LA' I sighed in relief as I showed the message to Sam. He relaxed a little bit was still nervous.

"But what if she comes looking here when she finds out we aren't home?"

"One of the roommates will call the cops before she can leave. They won't let her get to us, and neither will your family." He didn't look convinced. He was still really nervous and was scared to be alone or leave the house. His mom told me it was part of the hormones that came with the pregnancy but I didn't like it. I tried to get his mind off of it as much as possible, showing him clothes and toys and decorations we could use in the nursery back home once the babies are born. It seemed to work for a little while but whenever we weren't talking about something else he got nervous again. He would be in the room talking to our babies and promise them that they would be safe and he wouldn't let anything happen to them. One day about seven months into the pregnancy I was leaning against the doorframe on the other side of the room listening to him.

"I know it's scary right now Jayden and Elisabeth. I know some lady is threatening you right now but your daddy and I will make sure nothing will happen to you. And so will grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles. No ones gonna hurt my precious babies I promise." There was a pause and then I heard him laugh a little "good I'm glad you two trust me" they must have kicked when he spoke to make him say that. I smiled and pushed off the wall walking into the room.

"Of course the trust you Sammy. They've been with you for seven months and know how much you truly love them. They know that you are strong and loving and protective and brave." He squeaked and blushes as he looked at me. I knelt in front of him and kissed his stomach but I saw him bite his lip. "Maybe after their born baby" he laughed and shook his head as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"I hope they're as funny as their daddy is." He said as he looked down at me.

"And they'll be as beautiful as their dada." He smiled and blushed a little before grabbing my chin and pulling me close to him and kissed me softly.

"God I love you baby"

"I love you more Sammybear" he laughed at the nickname and gently ran his fingers through my hair. I sat next to him and smiled as I gently rubbed his stomach. "God I can't wait to meet our beautiful angels when they come here."

"Me too. I'm sure they'll be as beautiful as you." I blushed at that and hid my face a little. He laughed at me and kissed along my neck gently as he tilted my head to the side. I laughed and let him kiss along my neck for a minute before ducking out of the way but still tracing my fingers along his stomach. He looked at me with loving eyes and I sighed. Then we heard a soft awww and looked up to see Allison standing in the doorway looking at us.

"You two are so adorable. I want something like that." I blushed hard as I smiled

"You'll be able to find it sis" Sam said as he had his arm around me. "It just takes time to find the right person." She nodded and sat in the rocking chair I had put there as she looked at us.

"I don't think I'll find something as beautiful as you two thought" I laughed as I looked at her then felt one of the twins kick and looked at his stomach before looking back at him.

"Jayden likes your laugh baby" he said and I smiled.

"I think Jayden was disagreeing with Allison."

"Probably that too. Because Jayden knows his auntie is pretty enough and sweet enough to get the most amazing relationship in the world." Allison laughed and knelt in front of Sam and started talking to the twins.

"Well let me tell you this Jayden. Once you meet me in person your gonna disagree with that." Sam rolled his eyes then let out a deep breath. I looked at him curiously and he rubbed his stomach.

"He rolled over, I think in disapproval" he said and I giggled nuzzling the side of his head. I slowly rubbed circles on his stomach as I bit my lip.

"I love that you can tell exactly which twin it is."

"It's easy, Jayden has you beautiful fringe and I can feel it when he moves" I laughed and shook  hair.

"I don't know if that was a hidden jab at my hair or not but I don't care." I said looking at him with my hair slightly in my face. He reached up and gently caressed my cheek. As I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch we froze, hearing the front door open quietly and slowly.