Chapter 34

Sams POV

I was shaking Colby who had fallen asleep in the car on the way home. I had carried him inside and he was laying on the couch when Elizabeth came down the stairs extremely slowly. He started to suddenly freak out and toss and turn and whine. Elizabeth walked over to him and started to shake him.

"Dad Dad!" She said as she shook him but he wouldn't wake up. I sighed and grabbed him as I pulled him into my arms.

"Colby! Hey Colby! Come on baby wake up" it took him a good five minutes before he shot awake and gasped as tears slid down his face. He looked at me and sighed before he clung to me tightly and sobbed. I sighed as I rubbed his back and held him close to me. "It's okay, it's okay. It was just a nightmare. It wasn't real." I sighed as I closed my eyes and gently kissed the side of his head with Liz and Martin standing behind me watching him with soft eyes. Elizabeth gently knelt next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, making him jump and he looked at her with fear.

"Oh...." she said realization crossing her face. "Oh my god. Dad I'm so so sorry. That's....I can only imagine." He took a few deep breaths and I wiped away some of his tears.

"It's okay. You're okay and it wasn't real. That's what matters to me." He said with a sigh and she hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and smiled a little as he closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm so glad it wasn't real"

"Trust me I am too." She said softly and they sat there like that for a few minutes before they pulled away and Colby kissed me softly.

"You're okay right?" I asked softly and he nodded as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Yea I'm alright."

"Okay can we like do something fun today? I haven't been outside in a month any stitches were already taken out." I looked at Colby and he looked back at me with a smile.

"It's funny you bring that up actually. Because I'm about three two one..." Colby counted and Elton came through the door with the biggest smile on his face and a suitcase.

"Please tell me they're coming with us. I bought a big enough RV"

"Coming with you? Where?"

"Well...." I started with a smile as Colby climbed out of my lap and went upstairs to grab our suitcases and bags. "Elton is taking Colby Corey and I to New Zealand and he offered to take you with us." I said with a smile and both martins and Elizabeth's jaws dropped.

"Seriously?" Elizabeth asked in shock and Elton nodded holding out their plane tickets.

"You guys are coming right?" I asked hopefully and they both nodded excitedly before heading upstairs to back. Colby laughed as he came back downstairs with our stuff and I helped him before hugging him. He hugged me back and sighed, I could tell he was still shaken from what happened but he was trying to let it go.

"It'll be okay I promise" he nodded and smiled as he nuzzled the side of my neck.

"I know it was just scary that's all."

"I know. But it won't happen. Ever."

"I know" he said and looked at me, smiling softly. At that moment Elizabeth and Martin came downstairs with their bags packed and a smile.

"Are you guys all ready to go?" We nodded and Corey came running down the stairs and we all walked to the car laughing. About halfway there Colby picked me up and held me in his lap in the very back of the car. I giggled and nuzzled into the crook of his neck as he pet my head and sighed happily. Corey sat next to Elton and Elizabeth and Martin were in the middle. I couldn't believe all of us were going to New Zealand, I was honestly so excited for this trip.

"We're gonna have to find time to slip off. There are some really beautiful and romantic places I want to take you to." I nodded and smiled as I nuzzled closer to him.

"That sounds perfect." I said with a sigh and he smiled. Elton drove to the airport and he already had the camera set up and he was already filming which made me smile and giggle softly. When we got to the airport Elton held me back as the others went inside.

"Do you have it?"

"Why am I helping you do this?" I asked as I handed him Corey's passport and he laughed as he tucked it into his pocket.

"Because Corey trusted you more than he should have" Elton said before we walked in. He started filming everyone and as we started walking to the counter he asked everyone if they had their passport." Everyone nodded and as Corey reached for his he started to panic.

"Uhhhh.....where's my passport?"

"What are you talking about corey, you said you grabbed it when we left."

"I thought I did. It was in my pocket" he said as he started looking through all of his pockets before he really started to panic. "No bro really where's my passport?" I held back a laugh as I watched him search for it.

"Did you leave it on the counter? Where the other papers were?" Colby asked and Corey looked up at him.

"I don't know bro" he grabbed his phone and called Devyn. "Hey babe, is my passport there?" There was a pause and he looked panicked. "What?! It's not there?! Are you kidding?! Where the hell is it?!"

"It's not there?" Elton asked and Corey shook his head as he kept talking to Devyn. The. Elton showed Colby the passport and he stifled a laugh as he shook his head.

"Shit dude" Colby shook his head. "Are you suicidal?"  Elton looked back at Corey who was panicking.

"Hey, Hey Corey. What, what's this?" I asked as I held out his passport and Corey whirled around and stopped as he looked at the passport.

"Is-is that..."

"Yea" Elton said laughing and Corey laughed as he shook his head.

"Yea....He has it. He played a mean prank on me. I love you too baby. I'll see you when we get back" he hung up and snatched it from Elton. "Dude I was gonna lose my shit."

"That was the point" Elton said laughing "now come on we're gonna miss our flight." We all laughed and Colby held my hand as we walked toward the security. I felt something press into my hand and when he let go there was a postit in my hand

'I love you beautiful, can't wait for the surprise I have for you'