Chapter 25

Sam POV

Colby and I got to be alone for maybe an hour before there was an oddly frantic knock at the door. Colby groaned softly as he pulled himself away from me and slipped back into his shorts as he walked to the door. When he opened it I could hear Jayden talking frantically.

"Some lady with black hair broke in and walked through the front door. Devyn and Corey tried to stop her but these two guys came in and held them back and she saw us and smiled and then she walked over to Elizabeth and I and picked up Elizabeth. I tried to get her back but the lady kicked me to the ground and she walked out holding Elizabeth and I don't know where she went" I could hear him crying now and I already had my shorts on and I walked over to the two of them feeling anger building up.

"Okay, sweetheart I need you to go to Corey and Devyn and stay with them while dad and I go get Elizabeth back. Do you understand?"
Colby asked softly and Jayden nodded as he turned and ran back downstairs though he was still crying.

"This is so a trap" I groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Yes but that doesn't change anything" he said as we got dressed. "But I'm not going in stupid either" He grabbed a gun and his knives before looking at me. He handed me two knives and I slipped them in the waistband of my shorts before Colby and I marched downstairs and walked out the door and got in my car. I pulled out my phone and pulled up a tracker while Colby looked at me confused.

"My mom put a tracker on her when she caught her that first time at my house. For reasons like this." I said as I zoomed in on the pin and realized she had taken Elizabeth to the abandoned warehouse a few blocks away. I gave him the address and he drove off. It took us 20 minutes to get there and when we did both of us hopped out of the car and walked toward the front door. Colby quietly pushed it open and walked inside as he kept his hands in his pockets just like I did. As we walked inside we could hear soft whimpering and that made me nervous, I could only imagine what she was doing to Elizabeth. We had to walk all the way to the back of the warehouse before we saw her, in a cage up against the wall, clinging to her bear. She didn't have any scratches and she had all of her clothes on which made me relax a little as I looked around. I couldn't see Shea anywhere but that didn't mean she wasn't here, and Elizabeth hadn't seen us so we were gonna have to be careful. We stayed in the shadows because we knew if Elizabeth saw us she would let Shea know we were here without meaning to. We were maybe halfway to the cage when a door in the distance swung open with a clang and Elizabeth jumped, holding the bear tightly in fear as she looked in the direction of the noise. A few seconds later, shea appeared into view with a smile on her face. Elizabeth scooted to the back of her cafe as Shea knelt in front of it.

"Awww sweetheart don't be scared. I would never hurt you, I'm just trying to hurt your daddies and I'll take you home as soon as that's over.

"NO! I want my daddies! You can't take them away from me!" She unlocked the keypad and opened the door. That's when we stepped out into the light and Elizabeth gasped. Colby took his knife and pinned her leg to the ground. She screamed out in pain and reached to pull the knife out and I pinned that hand to the ground while Colby pinned the other. She continued to scream out as she panted and she glared at us as she tried to move but obviously couldn't. I quickly walked over to Elizabeth while Colby had his gun trained on Shea. As I pulled Elizabeth out of the cage she's laughed.

"You can't even tell your own daughter from another child. That's just sad."

"You know" Colby hissed. "I thought about that, I thought about the fact that you probably kidnapped lots of children and kept them for your own amusement, but I also thought about the fact that you really didn't know we were there and that you were in complete shock when you saw us. And I also remember you telling this girl you just needed to hurt her daddies then you'd bring her right home. And finally what you didn't seem to notice is she has the bracelet we gave to her yesterday on. So I can very much identify my child shea, no matter what you say." Elizabeth sighed and rested her head on my shoulder with the bear tightly in her arms and I held her close to me as I walked back over to Colby.

"So you're what? Gonna shoot me?" Colby laughed and put his gun away.

"No that would be to easy." He walked over to her and slowly left a deep gash on her side. "This'll be like a little game. What happens first? You bleed out? Die of infection, or die of dehydration and starvation?" She looked at him wide eyed after letting out a scream of pain

"You wouldn't...."

"Watch me" He said before we walked back through the warehouse and heard her screaming at us from her place on the floor. Once we were outside Elizabeth burst into tears and she hugged me tightly.

"Dada....I-I was so worried I'd never see you again" she sobbed as she clung to me and I rubbed her back.

"We would never leave you behind sweetie. Not in a million years" she nodded and reached out to Colby who was with us in two steps and he wrapped his arms around me, holding Elizabeth between us. We stood there holding each other trying to calm down, and understand we were all okay, we were all going home safely, no one could tear us apart.