Chapter 15

Sams POV

I was sitting between my mom and Colby while leaning against Colby. I knew my dad was basically a huge homophobe and would most likely either get really mad or hurt me. And the thought of him trying to hurt me. I subconsciously wrapped my arms around my stomach protectively. My mom looked over at me with concern as Colby gently rubbed my arm as he kissed the side of my head softly.

"Your gonna be okay baby I promise. I'll protect both of you" He whispered to me softly and I nodded as I looked back at him.

"I know, but it still makes me nervous I don't want him to freak out on me and hurt someone." That must have gotten my moms attention and she looked at me with soft eyes.

"Your worries about your father's reaction"

"Well yea, you remembered how he reacted when we made those fan fiction videos." My mom cracked a smile and shrugged, while Allison was laughing. I raised my eyebrow at my mom feeling confused and not in the loop. However I couldn't think about it long because I heard the front door open and I stiffened nervously, but Colby pulled me close and rubbed my arms to get me to calm down a little which I did. We all turned to see my dad walking into the living room and I could feel nerves soaring through my body when he turned and looked at all of us. He stopped in the doorway and looked at Colby and I and I looked at him nervously but I could see everyone else except Colby smiling at my dad.

"Is this a joke?" He asked and I had never heard him talk like that, like he was trying to hold something back. I sat up slowly but Colby kept his arm around me protectively.

"No, Dad, Colby is my boyfriend"

"Your serious?" He asked and my family giggled.

"Yea I'm serious" I said nervously and my dad could tell I was nervous. He smiled wide as he looked at us.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me" I was stunned, and so was Colby while my mother sister and brother were laughing hard. My dad walked over to us and knelt in front of us as he ruffled my hair.

"Why were you so nervous when you told me Sammy?"

"I thought you would get....mad after how you reacted to the fan fiction video." My dad laughed lightly and hugged me gently as I sighed relaxing greatly.

"I was upset because, even though it's kinda dumb, I really liked the thought of you two together." I couldn't help but laugh a little as I hugged him tightly.

"Okay good. That makes me feel a lot better" I said and my dad let go of me as I fell back into Colby's arms.

"Good. But can you walk with me for a second,
Theirs something I wanna talk to you about." I felt Colby stiffen and l gently rubbed his hand as I nodded.

"Sure dad." He smiled and noticed Colby's nervousness, so he turned to him and said.

"You can come with us if it makes you feel better. I know how important it is to protect the ones you love." Colby nodded and stood up with me and we walked with my dad to the kitchen while everyone else went back to talking. Then he turned to me and looked at me with soft eyes before glancing at my stomach. I instantly got self conscious as I placed my hands over my stomach and he smiled.

"I knew it" he said with a smile as he looked at me and I tilted my head to the side. "You flows like your mother did when she was pregnant" I blushed hard and smiled as I looked down at my stomach. Colby gently kissed the side of my head as he wrapped my arm around me as he smiled.

"I'm surprised mom hasn't figured it out yet then" I said as I looked up at my dad who laughed softly.

"Well considering your mom couldn't see her own glow, she probably can't sense it yet. When are you planning on telling them?"

"I was thinking about telling them tonight."

"You mean when your mom attempts family game night?" I laughed and nodded.

"Hang man should be the easiest way. And I know mom loves that game." Colby looked at me and laughed shaking his head

"Are you even gonna get everyone else to play?" He asked.

"Yea, if my dad says everyone should play everyone will play." He nodded and wrapped his arms around me gently resting his hands over mine as I leaned into him.

"Alright then, we'll it'll definitely be interesting to see them try and figure it out, but I think it's the best way to tell them" we all nodded in agreement before walking back to the living room.....well Colby carried me back but same thing. Ally awwwwwd when she saw us and I blushed, hiding in the crook of his neck as Ben laughed softly.

"You two are so adorable ugh" ally said as she took a picture of the two of us when we sat down and I laughed softy, looking at her while I rested my head on his shoulder. My mom smiled and my dad sat next to her as he wrapped his arm around her. I felt so much better what he didn't get upset or try to hurt me or my baby. It meant the world to me that my entire family supported me. As I was watching ally I saw Ben knock the phone out of her hand and grabbed the phone deleting something. I watched them curiously and comb had clearly seen them too because he was resting his chin on my head, watching them.

"What was that for?" She mouthed.

"You can't, you know how they'll react if they saw that."

"I don't get why they would be like that though. They know how long they have been friends, it's not fair to him." I knew exactly what they were talking about. I looked up at Colby and figured he didn't know what they were talking about. Ally must have tried to post the photo of us that she had taken, but Ben had remembered Colby's parents and their strong homophobia. That's why Colby didn't want to tell any of them, they didn't look at his social media  anyway but if someone tagged him in something or posted about him then his mom would be on it in seconds. I sighed and reached up, gently placing my hand on Colby's cheek. He looked back at me and smiled, so I leaned up and kissed him softly. He smiled and kissed me back, making sure I was resting in his arms like a small child. I was glad he didn't know what they were talking about. He didn't need the reminder of his family to distract him from the fun we would have here.