Chapter 16

Colby's POV

Sams family was honestly the sweetest people. They were so kind and respectful and supportive, they made me feel safe. Ben told us he wanted to start YouTube like we did, and Allison wanted Devyn to teach her makeup so that she could be a beauty guru. We all sat and talked about life and joked about the past, and I could tell it was hard for Sam to not bring up the baby. He wanted so badly to talk about the precious bundle of joy he was carrying but he wanted to wait until tonight to tell them. I held him close to me and gently rubbed his arms and occasionally kissed the side of his head. As we were laughing and it got closer and closer to dinner there was a soft knock on the door. Sams mom got up curiously as she walked to the door and opened it.

"Oh!" She gasped in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I heard the boys had come back home and I thought I would stop by to see them. I tensed and looked at the door nervously. I felt sam start to pull away but I only shook my head and held him closer.

"Are you sure?" Sam whispered softly and I nodded, pulling him into my lap.

"I don't want to hide anymore."

"Alright well come right in. All of us are in the living room." The door closed and there was the sound of footsteps in the hall, and out of instinct I gently rubbed his stomach as I held him close to me. He smiled and leaned against me as he closed his eyes and I smiled kissing the side of his head. I could hear Sams mom talking to mine and I clearly heard them round the corner. Everyone suddenly held their breath and my mom froze in the doorway. Sam wrapped his arms around my neck and got as close as he could possibly get to me to be protective, which made me relax as I faced her.

"Hi mom, it's been awhile." She didn't speak for a minute, she was just looking at sam and I. Then she spoke, and I could here a hint of acid in her voice.

"It certainly has. When did.....this happen?"

"Awhile ago, its been what? Four? Five years?" I asked looking back at sam who nodded and curled closer to me. I could see his dad smile out of the corner of his eye, most likely proud that his son gotten pregnant with a man he'd been with for a long time.

"And how have I not heard anything?"

"Well because then you would have acted like this." I said simply "and you would have known, if you watched my videos." She seemed slightly taken aback but she regained herself.

"And your father doesn't know?"

"I wouldn't be sitting here if my father knew." I said cooly and Sam gently ran his fingers through my hair whispering a soft

"It's okay babe." Which helped me relax a little as I closed my eyes.

"Your welcome to tell him if you'd like, I'm sure he'll find out one way or another. I just prefer to not be in Kansas when that happens." I said in a calm voice as I looked at my mom but she wasn't looking at me. When I followed her gaze I realized I had my hand on Sams stomach. I looked back at my mom who was still looking at Sams stomach like she was trying to activate her X-ray vision to prove her thought. I slowly rubbed my hand over his stomach and he smiled, whispering praise, to make it seem normal. My mom realized this and sighed in relief which reminded me to be out of Kansas when it was announced to the public.

"I don't think I'm going to be the one to tell him, but you sure can" she said walking back through the house and opening the door. I heard her shout something outside. It was quiet for a few minutes then the door closed again and two sets of footsteps walked down the hall. Sam whimpered and his dad moved us to the end of the couch so that he was now between us and my parents as the stepped into the doorway. My dad looking grumpy already, which was never good and everything was silent. He looked around the room until his eyes landed on me cradling Sam in my arms. He growled at us and Sam glared back at him.

"What is THIS?!" My father hissed as he pointed to the two of us.

"It's me making your son happy" sam shoot back with a growl.

"Oh so my son being happy is him being a fagg?" I stiffened and tears shot to my eyes. Sam gasped and if I wasn't on the verge of tears he would have done something very stupid. He gently held my head in my hands and gently caressed my cheek.

"He's wrong." He whispered to me softly. "He's wrong don't ever listen to the words he says." And in that moment Sams dad looked at us then stood up and walked right over to my dad and growled darkly.

"How dare you?" He growled and my dad glared at him. "You are not aloud to match into my house and insult my son and his boyfriend"

"Well his boyfriend" he sneered at the word "is MY son and I can do as I please with my son."

"Not under my roof you can't" my dad reached out to slap him but Kevin grabbed his wrist and twisted it. "Get out of my house. Or I call the cops" my dad looked at him shocked. "Now!" He then dropped his wrist, and my dad glared at me before turning and walking out of the house, with my mom behind him. I sighed and sam pulled my close to him gently rubbing my back as tears fell down my face slowly as I took deep breaths.

"It's okay baby I promise it's okay. We all love you and don't believe a single word your father said. Okay?" I nodded and slowly calmed down as I smiled and sam took one of my hands and gently placed it on his stomach.

"We all love you." He whispered softly when his family wasn't looking and I smiled and rubbed his stomach softly before kissing him.

"Thank god I have someone like you."

"And we're lucky that he has someone like you" Allison said as she sat next to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I smiled and looked at her.

"Thanks ally." She nodded and we all sat back down and calmed down, with Sam back in my lap as we went back to talking. Then I saw Sam get a little nervous because his father suggested we all played a game. It was time to tell the rest of them.