4. FROM A DISTANCE

I called Lee while waiting for Tuppen and told him everything that happened.  He was laughing so hard he actually snorted.  "Damn Elle I would have like to have seen my brother's face when he realized it was you."  "Yeah, but the look on his face Lee when I called him Flynn it almost broke me."  "Damn it Twin.  He did this to himself.  DO NOT and I mean it do not feel sorry for him.  If he wants you back make him fight for it.  Although I say forget him and bag yourself a college man."  I giggle "Lee, I am not ready for that right now.  It still hurts the only reason I am not in my hotel room crying is that Tuppen is keeping me busy."  "Well, I am glad he is there with you."  All of a sudden I hear next to me "you ready to go to the hotel"  I look up at Tuppen and say "Yeah, Let's go.  Hey, Lee Tuppen is back we are going to my hotel room so I can get ready for this party he is dragging me to call you later.  Love ya Twin"  "ok, take care oh and tell Tuppen thanks for me again I love ya too Shells."  I look up at Tuppen and say "Lee says thanks again."  "Next time you talk to little Flynn tell him I say no problem.  I have your back Elle"  "Thanks, Charles."

After I had finished getting ready and come out of my room Tuppen looks me up and down and says "Damn Elle you look hot as always."  I laugh "oh, come on Charles stop it."  Is this ok?  I brought this just in case Noah and I had a chance to go out it is his favorite.  I am wearing a blue spaghetti strap a line dress.  Tuppen smiles and says "good because he is supposed to  be at this party and this will just piss him off."  I shake my head and head out of the room.  We head over to the party just as we are about to walk in Tuppen places his hand on my waist and leads me in.  When I look up at him he is smiling down at me and winks.  I just shake my head and nudge him with my shoulder.  All of a sudden I hear "seriously, ah hell, no fucking way."  Noah marches up to us and lifts me up throwing me over his shoulder and starts to march up the stairs with me throwing open doors until he finds an empty room and walks in placing me on my feet then turning around locking the door.  I look at him and head to leave "Damn it, Shelly Baby, no we need to talk and you are not leaving until you hear me out."  "DON'T CALL ME THAT can't you get it we are done."  NO, WE ARE NOT I WAITED TO DAMN LONG TO FINALLY GET YOU I AM NOT LOSING  YOU NOW."  "Then you should have thought of that before you kissed another girl."  There is a knock on the door and I hear Tuppen say "Flynn let her out."  "Tuppen go away oh so help me I will break your FUCKING NOSE AGAIN."  "Charles just go I will be ok."  "Fine Elle but if you need me I will be right out here."  Noah stares at me "so, you two are now on a first name basis."  "yeah, what of it."  "look, it was a mistake, a big one please don't do this."  "look I can't right now maybe we should start seeing other people.  That is obviously what you want.   Goodbye Flynn"  As I go to walk by him he stops me "please stop calling me that.  I hate it coming from you.  I love you.  I love the way you say my name.  I always have please Shelly, I can't lose you."  "sorry I can't just call you anything but Flynn right now I need to heal and to see if I can trust you again."  I walk past him and out the door, I close it behind me and lean against it as tears spill down my face I hear a choked sob say "why, did I let her do it.  It felt wrong from the beginning.  I just destroyed everything.  Now, how do I keep the wolfs away none of them are going to listen now."  I turn to leave and I see Tuppen "come on let's go outside."  Tuppen leads me outside and I lose it.  He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against him while I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his chest.  "let it out, Elle.  I know it hurts.  He doesn't deserve you."  He reaches down grabs my chin and lifts it up so I can look in his eyes.  "Do, you realize how special you are how many guys would kill to have you love them the way you love Flynn?"  I shake my head "look around right now there are a bunch of guys giving me the if looks could kill glare and I have already had several text messages and calls from the gang back home that all want to ask you out."  I shake my head "I am not ready Tuppen."  "I know, how about this?  Unless you and that asshat make-up or you get another date I take you to the senior prom.  I mean technically it is mine too.  Just because I graduated early doesn't mean I don't want to go."  "Yeah, I like that.  No pressure just two friends going out."

NPOV

As I look down at Tuppen and my Shelly I hear everything.  Yet I can tell Tuppen maybe doing this as a friend to help heal her but he never got his chance with her because of me and now he is going to take it.  I hate seeing her in his arms.  I lean my head back against the wall and let the tears slide down my face and can't help but think why had I been so stupid.