8. ADULTHOOD HERE WE COME

Lee and I threw our annual birthday party bash.  Tuppen came home for summer break while Noah stayed at school to attend the summer sessions.  He did make it home for the party stating he couldn't miss our 18th birthday.  Tuppen didn't mind he knew that no matter what happened in the future Noah and Lee were a part of my life he would have to accept since they were like family.  One good thing did happen.  Noah and I were able to get past our differences and enjoy the weekly family dinners when he was in town.  One agreement was that until we were both conformable with our situation neither one of us was going to bring anyone to the family dinner without discussing it with the other one.   This came about when it was made apparent that Noah and I were having a hard time being around each other and our parents had decided to stop the family get-togethers and vacations.

Lee and I  had gone to Boston and rented an apartment for the three of us.  Yes, the three of us.  We didn't feel right leaving Noah in the dorms when our parents were paying for an apartment for us.  Of course, Tuppen wasn't happy about it but I was able to talk him down explaining that just because Noah was living in the apartment didn't mean we were going to be hooking up.  We had just finished putting the last of purchases down in our new apartment when Tuppen came up behind me and asked "so, when do we get to break in your bedroom"  All of a sudden we hear "oh, sorry behind us"  I turned around "oh, hey Noah and as for you Charles keep it down boy.  I told you I am not ready."  He pouted "fine Elle you are worth the wait."  I rolled my eyes and started looking in the bags and grabbed the two I got for Noah and handed them to him.  He raised his eyebrows "calm down our parents paid for it well more like yours.  I just got stuff I thought you might like in your room based off of what was in your room back home."  "Oh, Thanks, Shelly."  He looked in the bags and smiled "you know me so well"  He came up and gave me a hug and kiss on the top of my head and headed off to his room.  Charles flopped on the couch "I really don't like him touching you."  I shook my head "Stop it, Charles, he is like my big brother he has always been there for me.  Yes, he hurt me and broke my heart as my boyfriend but as part of my family, he never has given me a reason to doubt him.  You need to understand my family comes first and he is a part of that family."  "I know Shelly but you tell me how many guys out there would be cool with their girlfriend living with their ex."  "OK, true but you know I am yours right."  "Yeah."  He leans in and kisses me and pulls me closer brushing his tongue along my lips as I open them to let him in I hear.  "Ah, Grouse twin I really don't want to see you making out with anyone get a room."  I throw back my head and laugh and punch him.  "Same goes for you big boy.  You and Rach are not allowed any make out sessions our here either.  I think all of us can agree on that one."  I hear from Noah's room "Yep, completely agree."  Tuppen nuzzles my neck and asks "Well what about cuddle sessions"  I swat him "now stop it ok.  It is time to put our stuff away and then you have to get Lee and myself to the airport.  "I don't want to come on stay a few more days."  "I can't babes this is our annual beach house trip and I am not missing it for anything."  "Yeah, so you can go and have an excuse to kiss more boys again."  All of a sudden we hear "What the hell are you talking about."  Lee and I look at each other and hang our heads.  Tuppen looks at us just as Noah walks out of his room "He didn't know I take it."  "NO, we told you no one knew but those of us there."  Noah looks at me and says "explain Shelly since technically the last time you went to the beach house we were together.  It sounds like you did the same thing I did that you won't forgive me for."  I take a deep breath and say "Well, it was a dare and it was with Lee it was grouse."  "Thanks a lot, twin but yeah it was so grouse."  "Oh, that I knew about it one of the guys there was a friend of mine and when he realized you my girl he told me and said it was either you kissed Lee or there was some guy that wanted to grope you.  I never said anything because I knew it was nothing."  He turned and walked away.  I followed him into his room even though I knew Tuppen wouldn't like it and closed the door behind us.

"Noah I am sorry I should have told you."  "Yeah, but I can't compare that to what I did. From what I was told you and Lee pulled apart pretty quick because it groused you two out.  Plus at least it was someone you know and a friend."  "It doesn't take from the fact I lied to you."  "Yeah, but what I did was worse.  I allowed the kiss to happen and I deepened it.  Not to mention I ignored your call because I was making out with that girl and pulled her up against me."  "Thanks, Noah for being understanding."  I walked up to him and hugged him.  He wrapped his arms around me and I could tell he was breathing in my scent.  I pulled back we stared into each other's eyes when he whispered "I really do miss you, My Sweet Shelly"