6. FIRST DATE

I woke up the next morning after the party in the guest room since my dad and Lee's parents said that we were getting way to old to be sharing a room.  I walk out in my shorts and t-shirt I sleep in to head downstairs to get some breakfast and bump into Lee.  "hey, was just going to wake you want some chocolate chip pancakes."  "yes I do, I have to tell you something."  We race downstairs and I jump onto a stool while Lee gets out the ingredients to start making pancakes.  "so, what is it."  "Tuppen kissed me last night."  "no, shit what happened to just being friends."  "I  don't know Lee.  Ever since I got back we talk every night on skype he has been back twice and we just hang and have fun.  Last night really was just supposed to be us going out as friends but when we were dancing at prom I just felt a little something more."  "so, he just kissed you."  "no, he started to say I know we said this was just as friends...and he got choked up and I finished for him and when I did and confirmed how I felt he leaned down and kissed me."  "so, are you ok with this."  "Yeah, I think.  I mean I don't know.  Lee, I do still love Noah but..."  "you are not sure if you can trust him again."  "Yeah, plus maybe what happened is a sign saying I need to see what is out there."  "look twin I am not saying you should do this or not do this but what I am saying is that you need to be sure of what you want.  You don't want to hurt yourself or anyone else involved."  "Yeah, I know.  He asked me out for tonight on a real date."  "you going."  "yes, I need to.  I have to see if there is something more Lee.  You don't hate me do you."  He took the pan off the stove came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.  "no, I don't hate you.  I love you and always will.  Even if you end up with someone else I will always love you.  Noah did this to himself."  

NPOV

As I was coming down the stairs I heard Lee and my Shelly talking and I hid so I could hear what she was thinking about.  When I heard that she was not certain of how she felt about Tuppen and that she still loved me I felt my heart take flight.  Even if she does date him I still have some hope.  I just wish she wasn't going out with him tonight.  I also know there is nothing I can do to stop him from taking her out now.  Mainly because he is no longer scared of me and second if he goes back to school and tells all the guys that I am preventing her from moving on I will really have the team against me.

EPOV

I was sitting at home after getting ready for my first official date with Tuppen worried about what if I hurt him when I heard the doorbell ring.  My dad called up to me that Tuppen was here so I head downstairs and  just as I walk into the entryway Tuppen looks me up and down smiles "you look beautiful Elle."  I smile and look at him and reply "you are very handsome tonight Charles."  He tells my dad we won't be out too late and I turn and say "don't wait up I will be staying at Lee's we have to finish the final touches on our last kissing booth."  "ok Elle, be safe love you"  "love you too dad"  As Tuppen and I head out he puts his hand on the small of my back and opens the car door for me.  After closing the door and running around the car getting in he looks at me and says "you really do look beautiful Elle."  He leans in and brushes his lips lightly against my lips.  We end up at this burger joint and I order a double cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry shake.  He ends up ordering the same thing.   We sat there talking and laughing all night when he looks down and realizes I finished everything he shakes his head and chuckles "now I know what Lee means."  I look at him and say "what"  "that he doesn't understand how you eat and stay so tiny."  I giggle and say "ok what's next."  "Well, little Flynn invited us over for a swim a little while ago want to go."  "no, let's not Noah is there and even though I am moving on and it doesn't hurt that much I don't want to hurt him."  "So, he still claims to love you."  "He hasn't said as much but last night the look in his eyes when he saw you put your hands around my waist for the pictures..."  "OK, I will text Lee back and say maybe some other time."  "thanks, Charles."  We spent the rest of the night walking along the beach talking and just holding hands.  When he dropped me off at Lee's he walked me to the door and said: "I had a great time tonight Elle I am glad I finally was able to take you our on a real date."  "same here Charles."  "he leans in and kisses me and brushes his tongue lightly on my lips and I open my mouth to let him in but as his tongue brushes along mine, I realize I am not ready.  I push him away and say "I am sorry Charles I am just not ready yet."  "no, problem Elle I will wait."  he gives me a peck on the lips and I turn and go into the house.  After running into Lee's room and grabbing my suit and heading out to the pool I hear hey "Elle"  I turn and see Noah and say "yes"  "I miss you" "Please..." "no, that is it just wanted to say I miss you."  He turned and walked back upstairs.  I went outside and saw Lee and Rachel making out and couldn't help myself and yelled "ahh man grouse"  I heard a chuckle coming from Noah's balcony and I knew he would always be watching me no matter what.