42. SOCCER

The next day at soccer camp Martinez was driving me crazy.  She complained continually saying we needed to take longer breaks. Her complaining went on till the end of practice.  While explaining the things we needed to work on she stood up "Why should we listen to you?  I bet you can't even do all these exercises like the rest of us.  You keep stopping to correct our form, so you don't work out as long as the rest of us."  I look at the girls and smirk.  What she didn't know was after everyone left I had my workout that I put my body though.  "OK, how is this tomorrow John will run the practice, and he will run us till we collapse.  That means the only breaks we get is to chug water."  "Like you can handle it."  John walks up "Flynn, not all the girls can handle it."  "True but they agree with her, so they need to see what I do after everyone leaves.  So, they will be doing my workout." John looks out at the girls "Do you all agree to this?  I should warn you Evans works out for an additional two hours with her husband and the football team after you all leave."  "All the girls said yes."

The next day John stood in front of everyone.  The funny thing was that our battle was posted on Instagram because Martinez was trying to make me look bad.  Since this was a day that the football team practiced earlier than we were the stands were filled with them and other members of the student body.  So John got us started not only did I do everything they did during the regular two hours of practice and was still standing I was not winded.  Most of the girls looked like they were ready to collapse.  At that point, the football coach came out with the captain who just so happened to be Noah, and they put us through our paces.  I hear Noah yell "Flynn if you don't pick up those damn knees that will be fifty push-ups."  I did what he said as I moved through the tires on the ground.  I look around, and I was the only one left standing after thirty minutes, but I had told them I wanted my full workout, so they kept going.  I look around, and I am winded, and I asked: "Oh, isn't today Wednesday?"  "Yep, Evans why?"  "Oh, gotta change need to get my laps in, meet you all in the pool."  I ran into the locker room and changed.  I walked out, and sure enough, everyone was there.  Noah walked up to me "Babe you proved your point."  "Noah, I always do my laps on MWF's I need to do them."  "Fine but please be careful."  I dove into the pool and finished my 20 laps and jumped out."  "So, is that enough or do I need to continue till I collapse like the rest of you."  I hear my girls yell "NO CAPTAIN."   I walked up to Martinez "That is why I am captain.  Now because you were the one that tried to start the revolt of my team starting tomorrow you will do ten laps dribbling the ball after everyone leaves."  She looks at John and he looks at her "Your captain gave you an order."  "Fine I quit."  She yelled and stomped off.  I shook my head "So, who do we have to replace her."  "Well, there is this girl her name is Sandra Smith.  Hang on let me check where she went oh wow Berkley Hall.  She is a student here already on a partial scholarship with financial aid, but I can give her Martinez's partial."  "OK, can I contact her."  "Well let me dial, and you can tell her."  I giggle pick up my phone Smith "Hey Evans."  "Smith tomorrow soccer field 8 am no excuses."  "When is normal practice?"  "Oh, do not schedule any classes after 5 pm."  "Ok I take it I am on the team."  "Yep, with a partial scholarship."  "Thanks, Evans."  "Don't let me down, Smith."  "I won't captain I promise."  I hit end, and John looks at me "I forgot you went to Berkley Hall."  "Yep, Smith was my co-captain back home and took my spot when I graduated."  

The next day Smith proved herself to my team.  They could not believe that she kept up with me in all my exercises including doing the extra work I did.  The football coach looked at us and I heard him tell Noah "Damn sounds like Berkley Hall produces tough athletes."  "Well sir we are all taught nothing is worth doing unless you do it well.  Plus I taught Flynn how to slowly increase her stamina and then she took that to her team."  "Well between those two I believe our women's soccer team is going all the way."  "Oh, I wouldn't doubt it."  All of a sudden I looked at Smith and smirked and she yelled "Your on ready."  I nod and we took off running and when we got to the chin up bar we pulled ourselves up after tucking our shirts into our shorts flipped so we could hook our knees to the bar.  After hanging upside down I look at her and then we got started pulling ourselves up using our core.  Next thing we hear next to us 95, 98, 99, 100.  We grin at each other grab the bar and flip down.  "Damn Smith you kept it up remember a strong core will help with the sudden spin and flips."  "Yep, I can't believe you kept up your workout with everything you had going on this summer."  "Kidding me Noah kept me busy."  "I still can't believe you ended up marrying Flynn." "Why because he was the big bad Flynn and I was supposed to be the sweet innocent Elle."  She laughed "Yep plus you used to roll your eyes at him all the time."  "Well, he annoyed me."  She laughed "yeah I know he did you were the only one that ever told him off."    I laughed, and thane looked around and realized everyone was looking at us.  I grinned and looked at Noah "So, babe are you done competing with Smith."  "We don't compete we push each other.  Let's go home."  "Yep, let's go home shower, and I plan on taking you out tonight."  We tell everyone bye and head on home for the night.