24. TOGETHER

After dinner was over Noah decided he wasn't ready to go back to the apartment and decided we would walk around for a while just the two of us.  We said goodbye to everyone and he laced his fingers through mine and we walked.  When I glanced up at him he was smiling "You realize how long I have longed to hear you say that you were mine again."  "No, we don't have to talk about that."  He stopped and turned me to him "Shelly baby, it has been since the day you gave me back your ring.  My heart broke that day not just because I lost you but mainly because I caused you pain.  The look in your eyes that day destroyed me.   Simply because I did to you what I was always trying to protect you from with all those Yahoo's at school."  I hold his face in my hands "Noah I forgive you.  I love you please let's move forward and try to rebuild us not dwell on the past."  He pulled me against him "I don't deserve you Shelly but I know I can't live without you."  I pull his face down to me and press my lips to his lightly brushing my lips against his and when he opens I delve deep reveling in his taste.  As he wraps his arms around me pulling me close I sink into his embrace.  As we pull apart he buries his head in the crook of my neck. "I love you Shelly and I will do everything I can to prove to you how much I regret what I did and how much you really mean to me."

We pull apart and continue are walk holding each other by the waist.  I rest my head on his chest with one hand on his stomach.  I sigh contentedly I missed this so much I never felt this way with Tuppen when he held me.  I could stay here forever.  He looks down at me grins and bends down scooping me up in his arms as I giggle and he starts to sprint down the street spinning around every once in a while screaming "She forgave me."  I smack him "stop it you big lug."  "not a chance Shelly baby everyone is going to know that you forgave me.  I do promise you this that ring will be back on your finger eventually."

When we got back to the apartment Lee was in his room so we sat on the couch and watched movies again just holding each other.  As I curled up into his side we started hearing noises coming from Lee's room and we both look at each other and giggle.  I look at Noah and he whispers "payback is a bitch.  This is going to be for all the times he used to interrupt us."  He walks up to Lee's door and yells "Ah, come on man why do you have to be gross.  I don't want to hear my Lil' bro getting lucky."  I bust up laughing and run into the guest room followed by Noah.  We are trying so hard not to laugh so he can't find us.  "You two are just jealous because I am getting some and you are not."  We fall down laughing holding each other.  I look at Noah "You told him that once."  "I know this is too good."  After we hear him go back into his room and tell Rachel "I am going to kill those two."  Rachel's response was awesome.  "Babe, I hate to tell you this but payback is a bitch and that was their way of getting you back for all the times you yelled it at them."  "ahh, your right.  Fine, I won't get them back, but boy do they know how to ruin a moment."   I laugh and yell "Exactly I don't know how many times you blocked my game Twin."  

We went back to the couch and started watching the movie again.  He pulled me up against him and held me tight.  I rested my head on his chest snuggling into his side.  It happened again to me falling asleep in his arms.  I find it funny how easy it was to fall asleep with Noah.  Although this time I woke up in my bed alone.  As I reached out for him I found a note that read "Even though I would have loved to wake up with you in my arms and to your bright smile I am respecting your wishes and taking it slow."  I smiled and reached into the memory box I had hidden under my bed and put this note inside.  Even though I would not have minded him being in bed with me, I was glad he respected me enough not to.  Simply because I know it is going to be hard for me to keep him at a distance until I can completely trust him.

I got up and walk out to the kitchen and noticed everyone was still asleep so I started making breakfast.  Waffles, eggs, and bacon.  Right when I was ready to wake up everyone Noah walks out and comes up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.  "Damn, Shelly waking up to you like this is so damn sexy.  This is a lot of food."  "Everyone is coming over for breakfast."  "Ah, ok now yes I know he is your Twin but please put something on a sports bra and booty shorts is not something I want my bro to see you in.  Even though I know he has."  "No, problem but you do realize that this is what I wear to practice."  "What are you talking about?"  I giggle I always walk they're in warmups and a crop top but when I am actually working out my uniform is similar to this."  "Yeah, but...ah hell fine.  I guess I tried not to pay to much attention when you were with that asshat."  I turn around "Just remember they can look but can't touch.  Just like with you."  "What do you mean?"  "Well unless you are going to keep your shirt on at practice..."  "OK OK, you win."  I set out the food and just then there is a knock on the door and in walks our family.  I can't help but think if what I think is going to happen and want to happen happens soon we will be officially a family.