23. ACCEPTANCE

As June and I returned to the apartment she told me that she thinks that I should wait until tomorrow to tell Noah at a family dinner.  She insisted that it was going to be her treat and that she was going to make a reservation at Boston Chops.   "I know Elle this is not you all getting engaged or anything big like that but indulge me, please.  I have been hoping and praying you two would get back together."  I giggle and say "OK, June we will do it your way but you won't be here to see his reaction."  "OH, yes I called Mathew and your dad they will be here soon the reservation is for all of us.  So, I will be leaving the apartment and meeting them at the hotel."  "OK, you didn't know I was going to agree to become exclusive with Noah until a few minutes ago."  "Oh, this was planned because both your dad and Mathew wanted to see you after what happened."  "They didn't know." "No, all I told them after Noah called was that you kids needed my legal expertise."  "OK"

We got back to the apartment and I was able to see Brad again in less than a week and he threw himself in my arms "thank-you  Shellybellie not only was dad ok with me coming but those videos answered all my questions.  Mom was awesome."  Dad hugged me and I could feel his tears sliding down his face.  "I am so sorry baby girl you had to go through what you did."  "Dad it is ok it could have been much worse if it wasn't for Noah."   He turned to Noah and grabbed him in a big bear hug "Thank-you for taking care of my baby girl.  I don't know what I would have done if he had...if he had..." "Max, don't worry about it I will always take care of Shelly no matter what."  Mathew looked at all of us and he said: "I am so proud of you kids being there for each other and especially you Elle for not caving in and making sure that guy pays for what he did."  "Thanks, Mathew I have a long road ahead of me.  I will be seeing a counselor these to knuckleheads insist so, hopefully, there will be no residual effects down the road."

The next day I went to class and my dad, Brad, and the Flynns came to my game and cheered me on.  We won and after our win, the coach announced that next season I would be the Captain of the Soccer team a first since I was only going to be a Sophmore.  MY Flynn boys and I went back to the apartment to get ready and the rest of our family went to the hotel.  As we all walked out of our rooms I couldn't help but giggle "this is a first a Flynn Evans family dinner on a Friday night."  "Yep, it is.  So, Shelly did mom tell you what was so important about this dinner."  "I have no idea."  Noah looked at me "Shelly, you look beautiful."  I was wearing a royal blue sleeveless, boat neck neckline, high low length with a lace bodice that was one of Noha's favorites.  I grinned at him "you don't look so bad yourself."  I grinned Rachel and I are two lucky girls our escorts are smokin'."  With that said there is a knock on the door and when Lee opens it Rachel is standing there and she looks the boys up and down "Yep, Elle you are so right our escorts are smokin'"  We giggle and walk out the door as both guys look at us and gape.  Noah, grabs me "I think I speak for my bro as well you two do not need to be checking out both of us." Rachel and I laugh and skip off with our arms linked to the elevator.  When we reach there I grin and say "I can't speak for Rachel but I am technically a free agent..." Noah growls an grabs me by the waist and pulls me up against him "Not tonight your not.  You agreed to go out on a date with me so you are all mine tonight."

After we arrived at the restaurant we were escorted to the table where our family is waiting for us.  We ordered our favorite steaks and of course potatoes.  As we eat we talked and caught up and June tells Brad "next time you have questions about Mary come and ask me I was her bestie after all."  Brad looked at her and said, "yeah, I will but man what is with that crazy chick Cindy Lauper you two were so fond of dang it looked like she never combed her hair."  We all busted out laughing and June looked at us "Well come on like she was totally RAD."  I groan "Oh, June please with your '80s slang."

After our deserts came and were finished June looked at me and nodded.  I took a deep breath and looked at my family.  

"I know a lot has happened this last week and I want to let everyone here know I have thought a lot about this.  Everything with Charles Tuppen made me realize I have been lying to myself for a while now."  I turn to Noah and grab his hand.  "I love you and I always have.  I told you earlier I realized I was fooling myself into believing I moved on.  I want us to do this right."  I turn to the family "So, yes Noah and I are dating again."  I look at Noah "I realized something last night when we went out to dinner.  Every time you are near me I feel content.  Just gazing into your eyes I feel myself soar.  Feeling your hand in mine makes me feel safe.  Being in your embrace makes me complete.  I never felt those things with Charles I know now that is why I never gave myself fully to him.  Noah, I do think we should take things slow but I know one thing for sure I don't want to see anyone else but you."  He looked down at me and smiled "So, it is going to be just you and me"  "Yes, baby"  He jumped up wraping his arms around my waist.  "Damn, Shelly you are my world and I will wait for all of eternity if I have to."