5. BACK HOME/PROM

Tuppen kept me busy for the rest of the weekend.  Every party I went to I always had someone looking out for me.  I had a different guy from the team making sure I was fine and dancing with me.  One even asked me out and I told him I wasn't ready.  Tuppen had told me at the airport that up until this weekend Noah had not been to a single party. 

Lee picked me up from the airport and drove me to the arcade so we could play Dance Dance Revolution. We had just sat down to eat when I get a message from Tuppen.

Tuppen:  How are you doing Elle?

Me:  I am fine.  Just finished playing Dance Revolution with Lee and beat him again.

Tuppen:  LOL you go girl.  I had fun this weekend.  Hey, I will be back next weekend how about we get together to hang.

Me:  Sure sounds like fun.

Tuppen:  Good and don't worry like I said I know we are just friends.  bye Elle

Me:  Thanks Tuppen Bye.

I told Lee about the messages and he said "hey, well that is good but be careful Elle.  You know Tuppen wanted to date you before he left and you are not ready to move on."  "I know Lee."

The weeks had come and gone.  I spent a lot of time with Rachel and Lee.  They both kept insisting on taking me out so, I didn't stay home crying.  Several guys asked me out and I kept telling them I wasn't ready.  They didn't understand why I had gone out with Tuppen when he came into town but I couldn't get them to grasp that Tuppen was just being my friend. I even had to finally report Warren to the student honor board because he was getting extremely lewd when asking me out.  Since both Rachel and Lee would take no for an answer especially since it was my Senior prom I went shopping with Rachel for a dress.  I ended up getting a purple modified A-line dress with a sequined bodice and a tulle skirt.  While Rachel wore a red strapless mermaid dress made from taffeta.  Lee was shocked when he found out that Tuppen was coming in to be my date.  

Prom night I was at Lee's getting ready since my dad was out of town and Brad was spending the weekend at a friends house so,  I was staying at the Flynn's since no one wants me home alone, plus they were out of town as well so it was Party at Flynn's after Prom.  Lee, Rachel and I had already finished setting up for the party.  So, we all went to get ready.  I was just putting on my shoes when I hear Noah yell "Shelly, Tuppen's here."  I look at Rachel and ask her "when did he get in."  "I have no idea."  All of a sudden there is a knock on the door and I hear Lee say "I swear I didn't know twin" through the door.  I open the door and I can tell he is telling me the truth and I just hug him and say "it's ok I am fine."  I walk down the stairs and I see Noah and Tuppen staring at each other.  All of a sudden they both look up and I see Noah's breath catch and Tuppen's big grin.  "damn Elle, you look beautiful."  I blush and say "thanks Tuppen, and thanks again for doing this."  "What are friends for"  He meets me at the bottom of the stairs and Noah volunteers to take the customary photo's for us that parents always do.  As Tuppen leads me out the door I hear Noah whisper "You don't look beautiful you look  gorgeous."  As the four of us climb into the Limo I catch Noah watching I just smile and wave and we close the door. 

Once we get there we take our pictures the couple pictures and a picture of me, a group shot and one of Lee and myself together.  We danced all night and as the night was winding down we all piled into the limo and headed to Lee's.  We all ran upstairs and changed and came down to join the party since Noah had been letting people in while we were changing.  Tuppen came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and leaned down and asked: "can I talk to you in private."  I lead him outside by the pool and turned to ask "what's up" He looked down and around before saying "look Elle.  I know I said this was just as friends but..." "yeah, I know Tuppen it is starting to feel different."  He smiles and looks down at me and our eyes lock and he slowly brings his head down and brushes his lips against mine.  I close my eyes and lean into him as he gently kisses me.  He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me against him and I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder.  He leans down and asks "can I take you out on a real date tomorrow."  I look up at him and say "yes."  He leans down and kisses me again.  "know this Elle.  I am going to take this slow with you.  You deserve it I want you to know I am taking this seriously."  I smile up at him and just let him hold me.

NPOV

I had gone into my room when I saw Shelly lead Tuppen out to the pool and stepped out onto my balcony hiding in the shadows to listen in.  When I heard her say that being with Tuppen was starting to feel like something more than friends I felt my heart stop.  That wasn't as bad as when I saw them kiss.  I just wanted to die.  Is this how she felt that day.  I pressed my back against the wall and slid down and buried my head in my knees letting the tears fall.  I still can't believe I let this happen all because I let a girl make me feel as if being true to Shelly my love, my life, my sweet angel was childish.