50. BESTIE DAY

Once outside of the office Lee and I sprint to his car and climb in I can't help but frown at him since his top is up.  "Hey, Twin what's up?"  "Why is the top up on such a beautiful day."  "Don't want you getting sick."  "Ah come on it is our bestie day put it down so we can enjoy the sun and the wind please you guys won't' let me ride the bike anymore."  "Fine, you win Shells."  We wait as he puts down the top and I see Noah laughing as he walks to his car "Don't forget to come back for your car babe."  I give him a thumbs up, and I couldn't help myself, and I smirked as I stood up and yelled out "YES NOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH."  Lee started laughing his head off as he backed out of his parking space and I looked at Noah as we passed "YOU TWO DORKS BEHAVE YOURSELVES" he yelled at us.  Lee glanced at me right before he pulled out "you just had to tease him didn't you."  "Yep, helps keep it interesting if every once in a while I revert to being just your annoying best friend."  "Well, I am glad that is not the case I love having you as my sister-in-law."  

Once we arrived at the arcade, we found out that the set up changed the machines no longer accepted coins you had to purchase a card and put credits on the card.  After doing just that Lee and I found the DDR machine and started playing our game.  We had thought that by the time we came back our high score would be gone, but nope we still had the top score in Be Together actually the leaderboard was only us.  While we are doing our routine I heard someone behind us say "they will never beat the high score that has been there forever."  I couldn't help but giggle and continue getting down with Lee.  All of a sudden the machine sang out "NEW HIGH SCORE."   As Lee and I put in our names, the person behind us asked: "Are you, Elle and Lee?"  We turned around "Yep, besties for life."  I smiled at them "don't get discouraged we have been playing this game since they first put it in."  Lee looked at me closely and said "Ok time for a break Elle your flushed and Noah will kill me if I let you and my little niece or nephew get sick."  "Good I am hungry."  "Ok triple cheeseburger, fries with gravy and a strawberry shake."  "Lee make it chocolate."  "What since when?"  "Since your brother nocked me up.  This little one takes after the Flynn's more than me."  He started laughing as he walked off  "never thought I see the day that my twin would prefer a chocolate shake over her strawberry."  I went and found a table, and I looked around the arcade remembering what it was like when we were in high school.  

While waiting for Lee I hear "Oh, my God is that you Evans?"  I turn and see The yearbook guy.  "Yep, hey you."  He laughs "Tony Evans don't worry about it everyone only knew me as The  Yearbook Guy in school."  I chuckle "sorry but call me Elle I haven't been Evans for six years now."  "Really, don't tell me you ended up marrying Tuppen."  "Nope, Flynn."  "Oh, wow you two actually got married when did this happen last I heard you two broke up and you were dating Tuppen."  "Oh, that well Tuppen cheated on me then attempted to rape me.  He is currently in jail serving his time for what he did to me, breaking the restraining order I had on him and for breaking out of jail."  "Damn is that why the Tuppens sold everything."  "Well, partially since both his parents were involved in his jailbreak they lost everything.  Tuppen's mom even lost her medical license."  "Damn, Evans I am so sorry you had to go through that."  "Well I was lucky I had my Flynn boys and Rachel to help me through the ruff patch."  At this point, Lee walks up and says "hey dude we are having a party at my parent's house to congratulate Elle on finishing Law School you better be there."  "Sure sounds like fun hang on let me give you my number."  He reaches into his pocket and hands us each a business card, of course, I give him one of mine.  "Wow, Elle so your a lawyer working for the Flynn's?"  "As of right now yep.  Oh yeah, I want to plan a housewarming/reunion back at mine and Noah's place about two weeks from now do you still have access to the pictures from high school."  "Yes, I do, and I will send them to you and let me know which ones you want, and I will have them printed from my studio."  "That sounds great that way people can leave with a parting gift. Just don't print one of me when I tried to skinny dip or when I was in the boy's locker room Noah might hurt you."  "Oh, those I deleted I was almost kicked off the yearbook our senior year for those."  "Ah, ok well I need to eat the baby here is hungry."  "Really Elle you're pregnant."  "Yep, Noah and I are starting our family."  "Well congrats and you and Lee have a great bestie day."  

The rest of the day Lee and I spent just talking to each other it was funny that we hadn't just sat with each other and talked in a while.  When we were at Harvard Noah or Rachel were always around then when he left it was hard for us to get together.  Even when Noah and I came home, it was hard because I also had to save time for Brad.  After Lee dropped me off at the office, I drove home.  When I walked in there was Noah coming down the stairs wearing his leather jacket without a shirt on and a pair of jeans hanging low on his hips.  As I scan his body and see the v lines that descend into his jeans above his six-pack abs I suck in my breath and look up at him "So, you think that is going to work."  "Yep, because I saw you suck in your breath between your teeth Shelly baby remember I notice everything."